1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Integrated Threat Focused Training Systems in Starke, Florida

Dates: Oct 18th and 19th, 2008
Location: Bradford Sportsmen's Farm just outside Starke, Florida
Cost: $400-two days of training (9AM-5AM)
Ammo: approximately 2000 rounds of pistol ammo

Equipment:
Standard range and safety equipment
Belt or IWB Holster – you will be drawing from the holster much of the time
Concealment Garment
Water
Optional: Bring your lunch – there are soda and candy machines on premise but restaurants are available about 10 minutes from the range

Hotels/motels are also reasonably close

If you are interested in this training, contact me at arizonaqkr "at" yahoo dot com. We are taking deposits of $100.00 to secure slots for this class.

Skills covered will include WW2 Fairbairn/Sykes and Rex Applegates [ FSA ]

One handed skills from approx. 4-6 feet:

1/4 hip [ retention as well as speed ]
1/2 hip

along with these others one handed from the same distance.

Quick Kill hip [ for two or more assailants ]
Zippering
Bump [ 1,2, or 3 to the body and one to the head, all from the hip ]
Shooting to your six 0'clock without turning to face the threat

One handed skills from approx. 7 out to 15 feet

3/4 hip [ FSA skill from ww2 ]
point shoulder [ fsa from ww2 ]
quick kill [ peripheral vision skill ]
Enhanced Peripheral Vision [ EPV ]training with two guns [ demonstration unless students want to try this ]

Two handed peripheral vision skill:

Quick Kill from 15-60 feet using threat focused skills from below line of sight.

This link will take you to reviews from past students across the country to give you an idea of the skills you'll learn that weekend.

http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Brownie

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Glad to see you are coming to Florida Brownie. You know that I and a couple of friends will not miss this training..Hopefully some of these other Florida CCW's can make it also. IMHO, this type of training is imperative for anyone who is serious about up close and personal self defense with a firearm.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hello SwampRat,

Thats three and I'm going to close the event at 10 students maximum. Hopefully other like minded people who carry a firearm from this forum in Florida will sign on for the two days of training, they won't be disappointed.

Looking forward to meeting and training with you and your friends. If anyone has any questions about this training, please don't hesitate to ask.

New to CCW or experienced combat vets/police officers, everyone WILL improve their chances of survivng on the streets with a handgun and become faster at hitting with their first shots, one handed no less. If anyone is on the fence about attending this training, I would suggest they contact Chief Gordon of the Starke, Fla. PD for his thoughts on the training and skills the Integrated Threat Focused Training Systems [ ITFTS ] course has brought to himself and to his officers. Tell him you're thinking of training with Brownie and wondered if it was worth the time and effort.:thumsup

Stay sharp out there.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought we'd get a better initial response and interest from the members here in this course coming to Fla.

It doesn't matter what your skills level is presently. Your proficiency with a handgun will be brought to a level you'd not believe if you hadn't seen it and experienced it for yourself.

I need 5-7 more people to sign on in this course to make it happen. Test the waters and see just what you are actually capable of with a handgun in a few days.

Brownie

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
If I could afford the fee and the cost of 2K rounds of ammo, I'd be there. Hopefully, someone will post a review after the event.

-JT

·
Registered
3,224 Posts

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks SwampRat,

I was trained by McDaniel in 1981 in both long gun and pistol Quick Kill for two of the 10 days in anti terr course in Powder Springs, Ga.

Besides the pistol Quick Kill, the Integrated Threat Focused Training Systems course we've come up with also covers Fairbairn and Sykes WW2 techniques with a handgun, both from just above the hip [ 1/2 hip ] to point shoulder which gets students to hit from about shoulder height out to 21 feet without looking at the gun.

Threat focused skills. They work better than most people would ever imagine and can be learned and honed in our two day course being offered here. I'm presently training a 12 man team of USAF Para-Rescue [ they're called PJ's ] in both the pistol and rifle skills utilized and developed by McDaniel as well as Fairbairn and Sykes, and of course Rex Applegates methodologies out here in the Sonoran Desert in anticipation of their deployment sometime in Sept.

We'll need a few Floridians to step up to the plate and sign on for this course to actually make it happen. I hope we get enough students on board so these skills can be brought to the average ccw carrier and not just the LE community I've been training in Fla.

If students sign on, they'll not regret making the effort or sacrifice, as the case may be, at the end of the weekend. I've not had one student think these skills imparted in this course weren't worth double the price once they saw what I could get them to do almost immediately.

I teach the QK skills the same way McDaniel taught them to me a long time ago. Hope we can get some interest started on this forum and pick up enough members to make it happen.

Brownie

·
Registered
3,224 Posts

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SwampRat,

That linked thread also shows several others who've been practicing their threat focused skills on their own, sort of experimenting with it with some very good initial results.

It's actually nice to see others expanding their horizons and thinking outside the box in this regard.

Brownie

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Click the link, then click the first posts link and watch the U-tube vid of a student shooting quick kill pistol on my plates after only a few hours of training.

http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1885

Anyone can shoot to this speed and accuracy within a few hours. Hope some of the members here take advantage of the opportunity while I'm in Fla. to get these skills. New shooter, seasoned shooters alike will own this skill and many more in a weekend with me.

Brownie

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Hey Brownie if you don't mind I'll post it here.

Alright, this is a video of the class a buddy of mine and I took with Brownie a few years back. I thought the vid was lost in the great computer crash of '05, but it seems to have survived. This footage was taken literally minutes after we'd learned QK, and I was amazed at just how easy pointshooting was.

There's not much to the video, but we had a good time that day, and found Brownie to be a great instructor.

http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1885

1 - 12 of 12 Posts