Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I'm interested in November for sure. March maybe depending on vaccine availability.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
November alumni class would be good if it includes some movement while drawing from holster. Doesn't have to be running just a few steps left and right in addition to diagonally forward and back. shooting from the ground is optional for me (some days it is hard to get back up).

With the covid-19 and ammo situations such as it is many of us have had little to no practice even at a indoor range. Standard review of skills wouldn't be a waste of time.

That is my two cents worth....

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
did my PM inspire you to think about this? I havent heard from you but i would be interested in one way or the other for both as RO and or shooter

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Exblue, did my PM inspire you to think about this? I havent heard from you but i would be interested in one way or the other for both as RO and or shooter. March is my approx retirement month, a couple years away from 70!!

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
New software, i have not figured out how to edit a post.......

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Welcome to the forum Shooter4, when you have a chance please introduce yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
😂 caleb, good one.......thanks rick!! I pm’d exb saying i was jonesing for a class a while ago.he was too busy at the strip club to answer..i might have a guy who will take the rookie class....i think its all about ammo at this point for him.....

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
😂 caleb, good one.......thanks rick!! I pm’d exb saying i was jonesing for a class a while ago.he was too busy at the strip club to answer..i might have a guy who will take the rookie class....i think its all about ammo at this point for him.....
I’m afraid that'll be the break point for many folks.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Yup I agree.

Good to see you posting again Shooter4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
A good suggestion, trapper and I have been building light weight carbines for seniors :p.....he got his down below 6#, mine just over that....then we take them out testing parts for function. Our last class he had an older high end carbine must have weighed as much as a garand. Carrying that all day was not fun and some parts did not function well in the real world....and again high end variable 1-6 scope with great glass alone was well over a pound. Add the scope mount and that was a fail. Fortunate to find Aero ultra light weight mount for those types of scopes. Leupold VX series with decent glass lighter weight or just a red dot . Geisselle wound recoil spring eliminates the “twang” of the AR, and reduces recoil impulse helping to counter lighter rifle.....oooops Back and already hijacking thread.....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
If we....meaning Brownie decides to come back to Florida.....and the majority wants a Threat Focus with rifles....last class in Volusia was with BB guns and 22s.....but that is up to the prospective members and Brownie.....he is the Obi Wan (or maybe Yoda) on that subject......

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Shooter4.... I read your PM and then called Brownie about his plans.....March class came about after our talk......He really is considering to come back to Florida the first week of November to celebrate his 70th with all the alumni....but participation will dictate that.....

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Shooter4.... I read your PM and then called Brownie about his plans.....March class came about after our talk......He really is considering to come back to Florida the first week of November to celebrate his 70th with all the alumni....but participation will dictate that.....
I’m in for an alumni November TFP event, but not with a rifle component.

The BB guns and .22 rifle training mentioned wasn’t part of the weekend TFP course. It was a separate class put on the day before for those interested in QK rifle.

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
I’m in for an alumni November TFP event, but not with a rifle component.

The BB guns and .22 rifle training mentioned wasn’t part of the weekend TFP course. It was a separate class put on the day before for those interested in QK rifle.
Precisely. (y)

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Count me in for two if it goes down!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to all!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 44 Posts