Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
54,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the heads up, all expenses paid [ flight, room, food, travel to and from ranges ]. Fly in April 29th, train 8 swat leo's per day, two days [ 16 total April 30 and May 1 ] in the threat focused pistol course.

Keith [ my ranger buddy ] is hoping to get some training gigs with various swat teams across Indiana after this conference/training seminar held annually [ bringing in guest instructors ].

We shall see how this works out, but it's an all expenses paid trip to the conference [ we train those two days for no fee ], so why not go right? :thumsup

·
Super Moderator
27,078 Posts
Excellent! Wish I could participate in a course like that! Have a ball and keep us posted how it goes. :2thumsup

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
That’s great. Have fun.

·
Registered
54,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keith is still trying to keep me in the game, 4 courses locally here last year. He submitted my resume for consideration to instruct this year in Indiana on one of their ranges, I didn't expect the quick response that we're in. :dunno

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
That’s great Brownie! :2thumsup

I hope putting your TFP training out in a few of these venues will finally bring it the exposure and acceptance that it deserves.

As we know; the skills could be lifesaving for many LEOs.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I hope it starts a renaissance for threat focused shooting. It is a skill that, as Rick says, could be lifesaving and does not deserve the uninformed dismissal it receives from many modern instructors.

·
Registered
54,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the thoughts AD and Rick. Course announcement for those choosing courses available was

This is not a stand on a firing line and shoot tiny little groups then pat yourself on the back nor a qualification type pistol course. Show up with an open mind, we'll teach you how to stay alive with your duty pistol.

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Nice!

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Congratulations, Brownie.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Congratulations. Good for you. :thumsup

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts AD and Rick. Course announcement for those choosing courses available was

This is not a stand on a firing line and shoot tiny little groups then pat yourself on the back nor a qualification type pistol course. Show up with an open mind, we'll teach you how to stay alive with your duty pistol.
That should get any LEO’s attention. :thumsup

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
That could be the start of a whole new venue of police training. Certainly we know they dont get enough of the right training.....no retirement for you!!!

·
Registered
54,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That could be the start of a whole new venue of police training. Certainly we know they dont get enough of the right training.....no retirement for you!!!
With less than 2 years to 70, don't ya think it's about time? :rofl

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
With less than 2 years to 70, don't ya think it's about time? :rofl
Now just a dang second. Brownie, you love doing this stuff don'cha? And if you love what you're doing, then it isn't a job is it? Ergo, not/no retirement. :grin

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Now just a dang second. Brownie, you love doing this stuff don'cha? And if you love what you're doing, then it isn't a job is it? Ergo, not/no retirement. :grin
What he said!!!! AND its not like you have to get up every morning its maybe one weekend a month and its good for your ego:grin

·
Registered
54,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What he said!!!! AND its not like you have to get up every morning its maybe one weekend a month and its good for your ego:grin
I'd rather be riding the motor if I have to get up that early, but point well taken :rofl

Thanks Shark

1 - 20 of 40 Posts