Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Everyone! This is an incredible community of very active members, more so than business forums I've joined, and that plus all the excellent content meant I just had to join. I've learned a lot the first day.

I'm still doing my homework on CCW even though the state of Florida cashed my check last week, so the permit is in works and expected by early October. I grew up shooting, fired expert in the military during the Viet Nam era, then gave up weapons when I got married and joined the rat race.

More recently, sheriff helicopters overhead in the middle of the night 3 times in 1 week convinced me it was time to arm and retrain on handguns. I've ordered a Glock 19 with factory night sights which should arrive within 10 days, so meanwhile I'll be evaluating options for holsters, ammo, and more.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Welcome to the forum and feel free to contribute often. Lots of Glock owners, so you're not alone:grin. Also, thanks for your service.:thumsup

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

Welcome from Wellington

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on your CCW. ~Annie

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Welcome. :drinks

And may I say, your choice in personal defensive weaponry is excellent. :thumsup

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Gald to have you with us!

·
Registered
20,637 Posts
welcome aboard...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome aboard from Jacksonville! Great people and advice on here. I am not really a Glock guy, but I do know that they are good weapons. I have an XDm and a Kimber. Just remember to practice with what you will be carrying.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Welcome from Orange Park . You are right about this being a very active forum . I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it .:thumsup

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for all the kind comments and welcome greetings. I appreciate the tips, and after spending a few hours in the Holsters section this morning I'm sure I'll have more specific questions once I narrow down my choices.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Welcome, if the missus shoots, you're gonna have to get her on here too because she's gonna wonder what or why you're spending so much time on the computer.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Welcome from Tampa! :grin

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome, if the missus shoots, you're gonna have to get her on here too because she's gonna wonder what or why you're spending so much time on the computer.
Thanks. I'm off the hook. My work is home-based and virtual, RedDawg, so pc time is unusually high anyway. My wife supports my choices and reasoning for ccw, yet states she could not shoot a person, so there's no expectation for her to share. She DID go with me to see the pricetags plus handle the G19 and Sig P238.

She had zero interest in the size or cuteness of the P238, and said in effect "Not for me. If you must use it, don't stop to show it off. I doubt being shot by a good looking gun will cheer up or impress the bad guy."

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts