Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,082 Posts
Well...that kind of shoots all the conspiracy theories to hell...

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
More likely, one of two things:
1) They are overloaded with applications.
2) There's an arrest record with no (or with insufficient) adjudication info. (So they don't know that the arrest didn't evolve into a disqualifying charge.)

But the good thing is, if you're eligible, they MUST issue the license. You may have to wait a bit, but it will happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Evanober. I had delays on my application too. Before 3 months, I got the notice in the mail that my application process was suspended due to a misdemeanor Violation of Probation from 2005, and that they were going to have to do an investigation into what was the basis for the VOP. After over 7 months of waiting I decided to try to do some research. I came upon your post and seen that you talked to a guy named Cameron Clayton. I e-mailed him and he responded very quickly. He got down to business right away to do whatever he could. He had his assistant named Dana look up my court case or whatever, and she saw it was very minor stuff, and approved my CWP right away! I was stunned. Anyways guys and gals, if you are having any trouble at all, call Cameron. He is very cool and really wants to help all of you get your permit. They were awesome. Here is his info..
Cameron Clayton, CPM
Regulatory Supervisor/Consultant
Division of Licensing
Florida Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services
850-245-5500
[email protected]
Post Office Box 6687
Tallahassee FL 32314-6687

21 - 23 of 23 Posts