Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I submitted my application back in May. I got a letter from FDAA 8/11 saying that the application was incomplete when I sent them everything. They said I didn’t have proper proof of firearms training which I did so I re printed the certificate and mailed it to them. Now they’re saying on 9/9 that my application was incomplete and they sent me a letter saying they’re going to explain it to me. Is this because I don’t have the original signed certification? Has this happened to anyone else? All answers appreciated

·
Registered
23 Posts
Photocopy of certificate is not the problem. When I applied, they made a photocopy of mine right there in front of me for their records to send to Tallahassee. If your history is clean, they are stalling, on purpose. My experience, I feel they used a different stall tactic, which I escalated through the proper channels all the way to the Governors office. Everyday, literally every day, I knocked on several doors with emails and finally got my CCW card. Nikki does not want you to be licensed. She will use any method or tactic she can. Honestly, I think they got tired of my email scud missiles day in/day out, that I would not back down.
Email this guy, he finally had to do something for me to get rid of me:
Cameron Clayton, CPM
Regulatory Supervisor/Consultant
Division of Licensing
Florida Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services
850-245-5500
[email protected]
Post Office Box 6687
Tallahassee FL 32314-6687

I have posted on my CCW license experience previously.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Photocopy of certificate is not the problem. When I applied, they made a photocopy of mine right there in front of me for their records to send to Tallahassee. If your history is clean, they are stalling, on purpose. My experience, I feel they used a different stall tactic, which I escalated through the proper channels all the way to the Governors office. Everyday, literally every day, I knocked on several doors with emails and finally got my CCW card. Nikki does not want you to be licensed. She will use any method or tactic she can. Honestly, I think they got tired of my email scud missiles day in/day out, that I would not back down.
Email this guy, he finally had to do something for me to get rid of me:
Cameron Clayton, CPM
Regulatory Supervisor/Consultant
Division of Licensing
Florida Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services
850-245-5500
[email protected]
Post Office Box 6687
Tallahassee FL 32314-6687

I have posted on my CCW license experience previously.
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't think there's a concerted effort to delay. It's a can of worms they don't want to open.

I do think they're overwhelmed. They have 90 days on a complete application. I believe the clock stops running when they send the "incomplete" letter. When was your exact submission date?

Also, on your previous arrests/charges, were they in state or out of state? I can tell you that trying to decipher dispositions on out-of-state charges can be a challenge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey I submitted my application back in May. I got a letter from FDAA 8/11 saying that the application was incomplete when I sent them everything. They said I didn’t have proper proof of firearms training which I did so I re printed the certificate and mailed it to them. Now they’re saying on 9/9 that my application was incomplete and they sent me a letter saying they’re going to explain it to me. Is this because I don’t have the original signed certification? Has this happened to anyone else? All answers appreciated
Just out of curiosity since u said you reprinted it. Did you take your course online and if so did you go perform your live fire test and provide that certificate as well?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think there's a concerted effort to delay. It's a can of worms they don't want to open.

I do think they're overwhelmed. They have 90 days on a complete application. I believe the clock stops running when they send the "incomplete" letter. When was your exact submission date?

Also, on your previous arrests/charges, were they in state or out of state? I can tell you that trying to decipher dispositions on out-of-state charges can be a challenge.
I originally submitted the application 5/11. And no they are in Florida

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just out of curiosity since u said you reprinted it. Did you take your course online and if so did you go perform your live fire test and provide that certificate as well?
I took the firearms training in person I met with an instructor and we shot a couple shots and he emailed me a signed certificate. And the letter said that my application was incomplete due to no proof of live fire arms training. So that’s when I reprinted the certificate and mailed it in

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would definitely contact using the info above from @SonofaSeabee or email Nikki Fried directly [email protected] you wont actually get her but u will get a admin who forwards it on. In the past I have only seen them reject a firearms certificate for 3 main reasons,
  1. not having the live fire
  2. improperly filled out: ie. missing/exp date; missing trainer license #; or not signed; missing course description
  3. expired trainer.
Provided all those things are correct then the cert should be fine.

So unfortunately dept of ag are the only ones who can actually answer the question if it does not clarify the exact issue here Concealed Weapon Application Status Check, Division of Licensing - FDACS

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am definitely no expert but it appears to me from looking at that it is missing the Live Fire Training signature and ID based on the way the Lead Trainer one looks. Now it could be that it was the same person and that's why they only signed once but that's the clarification I would look for. Should be as simple to find out by calling the school.

My guess would be take the printed over to where u took your live fire and get him to sign it and then send it back.

Again I could be completely wrong but that's what jumps out at me.

·
Super Moderator
30,165 Posts
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Evanober! 🍻

Since you've now made your first post to FCC, and without first making the customary introduction, please now take the time to educate yourself on how FCC works (see last paragraph below) and then post you're own proper Introduction Thread to FCC letting forum members get to know you a little, of course without getting too personal. You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering your questions!

If you're a veteran, take a look at our Military Service Thread where you'll find many of us there, too!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these
links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Also, I highly recommend you read this thread to understand how to navigate FCC to get the most out of your experience. One particular item that's caught many veteran FCC members off guard is the "Recommended Reading" at the bottom of each page, which MAY contain quite old threads of inactive conversations lacking up-to-date information or context. So beware of the date of the last post (just to the right of the post number) in any thread you come across so you don't mistakenly think every post is recent and start responding to very old posts/threads that been dormant for quite some time, sometimes for many years.

Again, welcome to FCC and good luck! :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am definitely no expert but it appears to me from looking at that it is missing the Live Fire Training signature and ID based on the way the Lead Trainer one looks. Now it could be that it was the same person and that's why they only signed once but that's the clarification I would look for. Should be as simple to find out by calling the school.

My guess would be take the printed over to where u took your live fire and get him to sign it and then send it back.

Again I could be completely wrong but that's what jumps out at me.
I agree. No live fire was signed off. Hopefully your instructor gets that remedied quick.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Anyone know what a “BCI” Instructor is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for your help
Thanks for your help. Cameron just called me directly and had me email the certificate and a picture of myself. Very helpful thread thank you all. I ended up finding the version with the signature on the left side. It was lost in my email. He said he’ll be able to send me the license after he receives the email.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your help. Cameron just called me directly and had me email the certificate and a picture of myself. Very helpful thread thank you all. I ended up finding the version with the signature on the left side. It was lost in my email. He said he’ll be able to send me the license after he receives the email.
Perfect and great news gotta love when its something simple, even if something stupid its still a simple fix and those are worth smiling about.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have minor offenses on my record. I have a trespassing charge and a DUI. Would they be part of the reason it’s taking so long?
I can state with a certain amount of certainty, based on personal experience, that minor offenses can impact either your CWL or purchases after obtaining your CWL.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts