Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ruger.com/LCPRecall/index.html

Ruger has recently received a small number of reports from the field indicating that LCP pistols can discharge when dropped onto a hard surface with a round in the chamber. We are firmly committed to safety and would like to retrofit all older LCP Pistols. The retrofit involves installation of an upgraded hammer mechanism at no charge to the customer.

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
So they said they would return it within one week of time? They received my LCP on October 1. As of today, October 29 I still do not have my gun and that is after them receiving a phone call from my gun shop last week.

After reading about the retro-fits and upgrades and whatever else they said they would do I expect a brand new spanking new gun complete with the complimentary magazine...for all of my patience.

Thanks for the heads up here. I'm wondering that since I filled out a registration card why I haven't heard anything directly from them? What is the use of filling out a registration card?

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Update:

When the UPS guy drove right by my house I picked up the phone and called Ruger again.

Lisa informed me that they are holding my gun in order to retrofit it for the new part due to the recall. The down side to that is the new part is not even available yet and won't be for another 2-3 weeks. :thumbsdwn

So they've had my gun for 31 days - add in another 2 to 3 weeks for waiting on a part - add to that the time it takes to repair it, Lisa didn't even mention if they had even repaired the issues that I had sent it in to them in the first place - add to that shipping time to get it back to me.

Sigh. What is that about Murphy's Law?

MamaBear

·
Registered
974 Posts
Update:

So they've had my gun for 31 days - add in another 2 to 3 weeks for waiting on a part - add to that the time it takes to repair it, Lisa didn't even mention if they had even repaired the issues that I had sent it in to them in the first place - add to that shipping time to get it back to me.

Sigh. What is that about Murphy's Law?
MamaBear
Maybe you'll get both the weapon and the license back on the same day. That would be kind of cool. Kind of.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
That's two for two on recalls for Ruger's latest offerings. First the SR9 and now the LCP...what's going on with them? :confused:

·
653 Posts
I was thinking of a Ruger, not any more.

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
I was thinking of a Ruger, not any more.
I still own a Ruger SP 101 .38/.357 and still love it. (I have to admit I've never shot a .357 through it but stick with the .38 bullets).

I believe educating yourself on any product before you purchase it is the best route. Hopefully, sharing my struggles with Ruger and their own double recall will help you make a wise choice for your next gun purchase.

Two blunders in the quality control department certainly does not reflect well on Ruger. Thankfully we live in a country where each person is able to purchase what they feel is best for them. Competition is what keeps American business alive.

MamaBear

·
Registered
480 Posts
My wife had been talking about getting an LCP and now I'm doubly glad she didn't. Picked her up a S&W 340PD today. Sweet little revolver! :)

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Just saw this thread that was rather surprising. Of course this is nothing more than anecdotal and certainly not indicative of the vast majority of weapons that leave their factory.

Obviously you question the hand-loads and also wonder what abuse this revolver might have been subject to before it's failure.

Still makes you wonder just the same.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310125

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had Doubts

I wondered when I bought my LCP but guess that with every thing that Ruger had been through that the LCP would be fine now I'm starting to wonder. Shot it for the last time saturday till it gets back from Ruger. Going to look for a IWB for my 642 today can't trust the ruger now. Hope they get things going quickly E-Mailed them Friday just wait and see

·
Registered
31 Posts
3 Weeks

From the time that you notify Ruger that you have a LCP on the recall list till they send you the box to send it back to them. The person that I talked to yesterday said probably be after the first of the year befor you get it back.:thumbsdwn

·
Registered
580 Posts
Looking to buy a nug, sorry a gun.

Since i am currently looking to buy a gun, and I guess with Rugers thoughtful and quick repair service :rolf I will have to take the Rugers off my shopping list. And if anyone has any info on a S&W SW40VE, i would love to get your opinion on it. That one is at the top of my list right now.
Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My local Gun shop has a press release or something in written form that they keep displayed on the counter, regarding the issue with the Ruger LCP, so I guess it is true. I was about to buy that thing too, I will stick with Bersa for a small caliber weapon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts