·
Super Moderator
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GROWL

Just for the record:

Sent original application on July 8.

Check cleared on July 25.

Received rejection letter on September 25.

Had 2nd set of fingerprints taken same day.

Mailed certified letter on September 25.

Received confirmation on October 15 that my certified letter arrived on October 10.

Called Div. of Lic. on October 15 and was informed that I'm not yet back in the system again even though I informed her my little green paper said they received my 2nd set of prints on Oct. 10. Once I am finally back in the system again I'm looking at a 2-1/2 month wait.

They are still opening mail from July.

It is not looking like I will receive my license by Election Day which was the whole reason I mailed it BACK IN JULY.

At this rate I may not even have it by Inauguration Day either.

I seriously need to go eat an ice cube and cool off.

ARGH!!! GROWL!!

MamaBear, can you feel my pain?

I tried so hard not to come here and complain again but the wind just went out of my usually perky demeanor self. I just want to go sit in a corner and cry and eat chocolate (just like a woman, eh?). I suppose I could go to the range - but wait - I broke the dang trigger on my gun so I don't even have a gun either. This is not looking good for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
It's really frustrating for sure, but since you have no control over it, perhaps you just would be better served by putting this time to good use.

Get your trigger repaired as quickly as you can, and in a pinch, rent a gun at the range and practice as much as you can.

It might be fun to try a new type of firearm so if you decide once you get your trigger repaired you don't want that gun anymore, you will know what you would like for your next purchase.

·
Registered
974 Posts
May I suggest an iced coffee? You can kill two birds with one stone.

Of course if you hadn't broken your trigger you could shoot the two birds.

:)

Think of it this way, once you get this all settled you should be good for a couple of years of worry free shootin'.

flccnp
(ducking and moving to cover)

GROWL

I seriously need to go eat an ice cube and cool off.

ARGH!!! GROWL!!

MamaBear, can you feel my pain?

·
Registered
55,472 Posts
Sympothies to you ma'am :(

Now that you got what you asked for, let me say I really think the state of Fla needs to get off their duff and open the mail.

Brownie

·
653 Posts
The bad news is you are still waiting.

The good news is that they plan on issuing you your CWFL. If they went through the trouble of requesting a second set of prints its because they already know they are going to issue you the license. Otherwise, you would have gotten a denial letter instead telling you they were not going to issue you a license because.....

Congratulations, you are getting your CWFL! Yours is taking longer because it is going to look prettier than any one else's. Now do you see the glass half full?

·
Super Moderator
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the kind words. I've resolved to not complain about my lack of a license any more. I'll let you know when it arrives. In the meantime, we (ok, I) must keep this site professional. It's a great place to continue to learn about gun responsibility.

MamaBear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts