Florida Concealed Carry banner

561 - 580 of 661 Posts

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Exactly, which is why I won’t dive with my dive watch. Odd, I wear it for everything else except what it was designed for. :unsure:

Allegedly, when you have the $700+ service, they should check and or replace them or so the story goes...

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
When I picked up my Rolex yesterday, I learned that the Hamilton's store is an authorized G-Shock dealer and they had a small display case of models... Plus two very special models from the premier "MR-G" line.

The one on the left is $7400. The one on the right is $5500. Not typos!

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Uhm......what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #564

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I’m curious what the sale numbers are on those compared to similarly priced time pieces.

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #566 (Edited)
I’m curious what the sale numbers are on those compared to similarly priced time pieces.

They routinely sell out and then go UP in price in the secondary market.

The $7400 model... only 300 made. They are literally hand-made.

The model on the right... See those little dimples in the bezel? Those are individually hand-hammered by some old Japanese grandpa master artisan. Each one is unique.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
They routinely sell out and then go UP in price in the secondary market.

The $7400 model... only 300 made. They are literally hand-made.

The model on the right... See those little dimples in the bezel? Those are individually hand-hammered by some old Japanese grandpa master artisan. Each one is unique.
That makes more sense then.

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
That makes more sense then.

It's still crazy. And, the inevitable question is their value (and reliability) in the future. Thirty years from now, my Rolex will still have value and be serviceable. The $7k quartz watch? Who knows?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Doubt it but, more power to those who buy them. To me.... a Gshock is a work/duty/every day/ect.. watch. If I paid $7k for it, that sumbish will live in the watch box and never used for its intended (by name) use. Also, if I’m paying that much money for a time piece, you best believe it’s for a “luxury” one that you can show off at BBQs and night life. Then again, I’d rather have 10 $1k pieces VS 1 $10k piece. That’s just me though.

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
Doubt it but, more power to those who buy them. To me.... a Gshock is a work/duty/every day/ect.. watch. If I paid $7k for it, that sumbish will live in the watch box and never used for its intended (by name) use. Also, if I’m paying that much money for a time piece, you best believe it’s for a “luxury” one that you can show off at BBQs and night life. Then again, I’d rather have 10 $1k pieces VS 1 $10k piece. That’s just me though.

Just so you know... my birthday is in 2 days. So... yeah.... ;) 😁

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
Alrighty... here are the Before & After pics of the Rolex. Pardon the occasional fingerprint and not perfectly consistent composition and lighting. It's a difficult subject to capture photographically!

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
You should talk to Lautermilch about the lighting. Maybe one of his Russian beauties can wear your watch for the next photo shoot? :p

Nice how they clean up. Beautiful watch.

·
Super Moderator
27,738 Posts
But some of those models don't clean up so well, but have been improving of late. 😁

Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
But some of those models don't clean up so well, but have been improving of late. 😁
They need to be polished like my Rolex! 🤪

·
Super Moderator
27,738 Posts
Happy Birthday belated, racer!

Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Crap I forgot , Happy Birthday old man!

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #579 (Edited)
New watch review in the hopper. I think it may go online tomorrow. Waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Looks like it’s camo chrome...

561 - 580 of 661 Posts