·
Super Moderator
27,513 Posts
🍿 🤠

·
Registered
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
On a little family getaway to South Carolina. I considered which watch should make the cut for the trip (I only wanted to bring one). Which G-Shock "does it all" and can take whatever is thrown at it?

Rangeman 9400 for the win!

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Nice pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #546
Whitewater Falls, North Carolina. I would have thrown my concealed G27 up there with it.... But, the other folks around might not have appreciated it. 😁

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Missed your Opportunity to do a water resistance and drop test at the same time there.

Beautiful country

·
Registered
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #548

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Racer, in that middle pic you took, look closely, there is a bigfoot standing on the bank of that river.

😜

·
Registered
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #550
Racer, in that middle pic you took, look closely, there is a bigfoot standing on the bank of that river.

😜
Check out this one! A caveman with a club stalking me! o_O

Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
6,286 Posts

·
Registered
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #555
First day wearing the Breitling since I got it back from service. Had not worn this watch in many years.

Then I picked up the Rolex today. The polish job is amazing. I'll get more detailed photos and do a "before / after" gallery (you may remember the photos of the scratches I posted earlier).

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I like the Breitling. Nice looking watch. It is amazing the scratches that can be buffed out and make the watch look almost brand new. I’m glad you were happy with the results of your service. Way too much money to spend not to be.

·
Registered
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #557
I’m glad you were happy with the results of your service. Way too much money to spend not to be.
Yeah... it's a stupid amount of money to maintain / repair automatic watches. But, yeah... I'm happy. It's like I got two brand new watches. It also helps maintain their value (for whatever that's worth). But, they were also both anniversary gifts. And now I get to enjoy them again, instead of languishing in the safe while losing value.

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Those look great! Almost look new again.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Yeah... it's a stupid amount of money to maintain / repair automatic watches. But, yeah... I'm happy. It's like I got two brand new watches. It also helps maintain their value (for whatever that's worth). But, they were also both anniversary gifts. And now I get to enjoy them again, instead of languishing in the safe while losing value.
I’m sure the personal value to you is way more then the monetary value of the watch(es). I know mine are very personal and I’d never part with any of them regardless of the monetary value. My biggest fear is a link breaking and me losing it and not knowing it. I had a friend with a Seamaster same as mine that had that happen to him. He thinks he lost is somewhere at Tampa Bay stadium at a game. He was heart broken. I’d be devastated. 🤬

·
Registered
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #560
My biggest fear is a link breaking and me losing it and not knowing it. I had a friend with a Seamaster same as mine that had that happen to him. He thinks he lost is somewhere at Tampa Bay stadium at a game. He was heart broken. I’d be devastated. 🤬
Yikes! I've heard of that happening while scuba diving with them.

541 - 560 of 578 Posts