Florida Concealed Carry banner

401 - 420 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Finally got the Oceanus bracelet sized. A bit tricky... there are these TINY sleeves that fit inside the links that provide retention for the pins. They can fall out and easily be lost. So, now I could see how the watch looks and feels on the wrist. Very, very nice. Got some pics...

View attachment 68983
Where's the parallax adjustment? :)

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Snapped a pic of the Breitling Colt Ocean Automatic today. This was my first "real watch." Currently, the crown will not screw down (something is stripped), and the crown intermittently engages the winding mechanism. Will get it fixed some day. But, I think it's a nice looking watch.

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
That looks great on the wrist Mike! I hate sizing those type of links.

That Breitling is stunning too, you definitely need to get it serviced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54,512 Posts
Snapped a pic of the Breitling Colt Ocean Automatic today. This was my first "real watch." Currently, the crown will not screw down (something is stripped), and the crown intermittently engages the winding mechanism. Will get it fixed some day. But, I think it's a nice looking watch.

View attachment 68988
Always wanted a Breitling, nice watch

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
And, with the tweezers, if you squeeze too hard... "POING!" Where did it go??...
Reminiscent of the pivot and detent pin on the AR if you don’t have the tool or a clevis pin. Good luck with that one. :ROFLMAO:

I very stupidly tried assembling my first one without the tool. After spending a few hours looking for the spring, and found it! I quickily went to Tractor Supply and bought a clevis. It amazes me how Palmetto or anyone else couldn’t include that in their build kit for .02 cents more and save idiots like me a lot of aggravation.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Speaking of watches, anyone have any good recommendations for a dual battery operated watch winder?

Needs to be battery operated as it will be in the safe with no cord.

Amazon has a few for around $175.00-$200.00 that might work.

From what I learned so far, you want dual motors with separate watch holders, not one for both. Dual controls to set the number of turns per day and direction - Clockwise, Counterclockwise and back and forth. Most I saw go from about 600-1,800.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Always wanted a Breitling, nice watch
I like Breitlings for a few reasons. The first is that most non-watch people don't know what it is... don't recognize it. But, even non-watch people will notice a Rolex, especially if it's one of the classics. (They don't notice my Yachtmaster much, though). I prefer to fly under the radar in that regard.

Breitlings have a certain "theme" to them that I like, too. I'd like to have one of the "Aerospace" models some day.

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
Speaking of watches, anyone have any good recommendations for a dual battery operated watch winder?

Needs to be battery operated as it will be in the safe with no cord.

Amazon has a few for around $175.00-$200.00 that might work.

From what I learned so far, you want dual motors with separate watch holders, not one for both. Dual controls to set the number of turns per day and direction - Clockwise, Counterclockwise and back and forth. Most I saw go from about 600-1,800.

Thoughts?
I went through a couple of winders for my Rolex and Breitling. I honestly don't recall the brand, but they both broke. Both were plug-in variety.... and programmable. They weren't expensive models, but they weren't the cheapies, either. A few hundred dollars... and they still broke. Good ones go for big bucks (considering what they are). It's crazy.

No winders needed for the Casios! 🤪

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Reminiscent of the pivot and detent pin on the AR if you don’t have the tool or a clevis pin. Good luck with that one. :ROFLMAO:

I very stupidly tried assembling my first one without the tool. After spending a few hours looking for the spring, and found it! I quickily went to Tractor Supply and bought a clevis. It amazes me how Palmetto or anyone else couldn’t include that in their build kit for .02 cents more and save idiots like me a lot of aggravation.
Lol.... I use a razor blade or Allen wrench, whichever one is closer to me.

I’ve lost plenty of those detents, lol.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
Synchronicity!

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
My brother just sent this to me:

Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Lmfao!!!!! ^^^^^ I love it!

PS: Only watch guys/gals will get it.

·
Super Moderator
27,171 Posts
🤣

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #415 (Edited)
Some "macro" shots of the Oceanus...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
So, my Casio Solar G-Shock takes a CTL920F battery that costs $25 ?!
Link: Amazon.com: Panasonic CTL920F Solar Rechargeable Battery Replacement Watch Cell Casio: Health & Personal Care

I don't think I paid that for the whole watch?
Anybody know where to get these at a better price?
I tried Digikey & Mouser, but they don't seem to have them (they're both huge electronics parts & pieces places we routinely order from here at work.)
For example a CR-2032 that you might pay $5 for a Home Depot will cost you $0.21 at Digikey - but they don't seem to have any rechargeable lithium coin cells.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
I don't think I paid that for the whole watch?
Anybody know where to get these at a better price?
Nope. That's what they cost to replace. Consider that they last 10++ years.

The cheapest solar Casio I could find on Amazon was about $38.
So, it depends on how much you like your watch. :)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Nope. That's what they cost to replace. Consider that they last 10++ years.

The cheapest solar Casio I could find on Amazon was about $38.
So, it depends on how much you like your watch. :)
Exactly. Might be a good excuse to buy a new watch!

Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
Here's a quick shot I just took with my phone camera. It shows off the case finishing on the Oceanus.... unrivaled at this price range and possibly ANY price range. It's very similar to the case finishing of Grand Seikos and apparently sourced by the same factory. Very sharp transitions from mirror finish and brushed finishes. It's amazing in the light and is difficult to do justice with photos.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Great shot of the detail on that timepiece!

401 - 420 of 472 Posts