Florida Concealed Carry banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Not opinion, fact. There's at least 20 enlightened pistolero members here who will verify that if you need your sights on a handgun for SD purposes, you're one of the unenlightened. But the unenlightened are in good company as most believe sights are necessary, never having been shown how to use a handgun with their natural ability to point LOL
I've done point shooting inside 3 yards, firearms instructor said I was the best natural point shooter he had seen.
Its (point shooting) just not something I practice; I know, my funeral.
As distance increases past 3 yards, my ability to make accurate hits (my standard) is better with sights.

I'm enlightened enough to always carry, some people who think themself otherwise enlightened don't:
post #8
https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.c...hilosophy-humor-for-many.140097/#post-1958544
"I'll carry something more conveniently less weight, or not carry at all at times"
Can't point shoot a handgun you don't have.

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
He either has drank the front sight press cool-aid to long and doesn't believe
I've done point shooting inside 3 yards, firearms instructor said I was the best natural point shooter he had seen.
Its (point shooting) just not something I practice; I know, my funeral.
As distance increases past 3 yards, my ability to make accurate hits (my standard) is better with sights.

I'm enlightened enough to always carry, some people who think themself otherwise enlightened don't:
post #8
https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.c...hilosophy-humor-for-many.140097/#post-1958544
"I'll carry something more conveniently less weight, or not carry at all at times"
Can't point shoot a handgun you don't have.
Interesting take, so you believe one can't be an enlightened pistolero if one isn't carrying? I must have lost my enlightened pistolero skills when I don't carry through airports, through Canada, federal buildings, courthouses etc 😅

Point shooting isn't just one skill at one distance, it's comprised of several skills within the general point shooting genre. The enlightened among us can duplicate this skill handily in less than 1.5 seconds on two threats, from concealed. Being enlightened also includes a fast draw stroke.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Interesting take, so you believe one can't be an enlightened pistolero if one isn't carrying? I must have lost my enlightened pistolero skills when I don't carry through airports, through Canada, federal buildings, courthouses etc 😅
If one is not carrying, they aint gonna be using "pistolero" skills if they have to defend themself.

·
Super Moderator
31,675 Posts
If one is not carrying, they aint gonna be using "pistolero" skills if they have to defend themself.
But they're still "enlightened." ;)

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Yet that doesn't take away from the fact they are an enlightened pistolero [ which is gunfighter in Spanish ]. You're either an enlightened pistolero or you're not.

Some might claim to be a shootist too, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are an elightened pistolero. A shootist is simply a person who shoots, especially one skilled in shooting, as a marksman.

Because I walk into federal buildings, fly, Post offices, enter Canada etc unarmed doesn't negate the enlightened pistolero status. ;)

Here we see what many members are capable of as an enlightened pistolero. The first is for when you're rushed by several people intent on putting you in the ground. The second portion demonstrates an enlightened pistolero can use either hand or both hands at the same time on separate threats without need of bringing the gun to eye level using enhanced peripheral vision.

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
But they're still "enlightened." ;)
You don't lose your enlightenment when you walk into a post office, fly or walk into a federal building/police station etc You're either enlightened or you're not.

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
Brownie said:
”The second portion demonstrates an enlightened pistolero can use either hand or both hands at the same time on separate threats without need of bringing the gun(s) to eye level using enhanced peripheral vision.”

I can do that…

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Brownie said:
”The second portion demonstrates an enlightened pistolero can use either hand or both hands at the same time on separate threats without need of bringing the gun to eye level using enhanced peripheral vision.”

I can do that…
Yes you can and have demonstrated it for years in front of other students. (y)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yet that doesn't take away from the fact they are an enlightened pistolero [ which is gunfighter in Spanish ]. You're either an enlightened pistolero or you're not.

Some might claim to be a shootist too, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are an elightened pistolero. A shootist is simply a person who shoots, especially one skilled in shooting, as a marksman.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts