Florida Concealed Carry banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
18,429 Posts
Honestly after seeing the whole video I think the guy gave his attacker wayyyyy too much time before he shot him. Backing up constantly he could have easily tripped and been jumped on.
I also saw a few times where the shooter could have deescalated it like getting in his vehicle or going back inside. He didn’t have to nor should he have to but leaning on your mirror waiting rather than just getting in and driving away makes me think that was the day he’d had enough and decided to end the feud. Not to mention video says they are neighbors. So how’s that gonna work in the future?

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Playing devils advocate here. If the good guy way too old, weak or not proficient in fighting would this still be justified?
Disparity of force would hold as justified use of deadly force. One caveat, the aggressor would have to be an "imminent" threat, and have the means, motive, and the opportunity to be an imminent threat.

I'd think the aggressor raising his fist and begging for a fight would be enough. Moving closer in an aggressive manner like fist up? Ya, one could articulate their fear of grave bodily harm.

·
Registered
15,352 Posts
I'd think the aggressor raising his fist and begging for a fight would be enough. Moving closer in an aggressive manner like fist up? Ya, one could articulate their fear of grave bodily harm.
And... having a knife tucked in his waistband - made visible when he removed his shirt.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Neighbors that have had a long standing dispute. I wonder if the shooter has taken the screaming-on-the-ground sounds and made them into a 4 hr long loop to play at volume whenever his neighbor starts acting up again?

·
Registered
15,706 Posts

·
Registered
8,321 Posts

·
Registered
18,429 Posts
Disparity of force would hold as justified use of deadly force. One caveat, the aggressor would have to be an "imminent" threat, and have the means, motive, and the opportunity to be an imminent threat.

Not to mention the ASP video posted said the victim had a restraining order filed that was yet to be issued. So there’s evidence enough of him being afraid of the guy before this incident even happens.

And... having a knife tucked in his waistband - made visible when he removed his shirt.
I

Neighbors that have had a long standing dispute. I wonder if the shooter has taken the screaming-on-the-ground sounds and made them into a 4 hr long loop to play at volume whenever his neighbor starts acting up again?
Change your car horn to same sound.
Also make it your ringtone.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Not opinion, fact. There's at least 20 enlightened pistolero members here who will verify that if you need your sights on a handgun for SD purposes, you're one of the unenlightened. But the unenlightened are in good company as most believe sights are necessary, never having been shown how to use a handgun with their natural ability to point LOL

·
Registered
15,352 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,577 Posts
I don't need no stinkin sites,
I got a grip laser on my Kimber.
🤣 😁 Ronnie

PS:
Only trouble is I will probably be shaking soooo bad the laser will be nothing but a light show.

• Haha
Reactions: nittany lion fan
41 - 60 of 71 Posts