Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Assuming there was a knife at some point, maybe he threw it down when the guy pulled his gun and he realized that was a mistake so then he wanted to go hands on with him. Well at that point your gun is already out, the guy had/has a knife and is advancing on you. Are you going to reholster at that point and fight him “fair” like John Wayne would do when the bad guy runs out of bullets? Someone’s attempting a disarm on me they will be getting the gun…..lead first! No way would I let him get that close to grab it.

I heard him say right before he got shot, “I’m gonna take that gun…” I think that would be the reasonable justification. Even without the knife, if someone is trying to disarm you, you certainly aren’t going to let em.

Agreed, we need more context.

be interesting to know if the guy was charged or not. :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
31,675 Posts
Assuming there was a knife at some point, maybe he threw it down when the guy pulled his gun and he realized that was a mistake so then he wanted to go hands on with him. Well at that point your gun is already out, the guy had/has a knife and is advancing on you. Are you going to reholster at that point and fight him “fair” like John Wayne would do when the bad guy runs out of bullets? Someone’s attempting a disarm on me they will be getting the gun…..lead first! No way would I let him get that close to grab it.

I heard him say right before he got shot, “I’m gonna take that gun…” I think that would be the reasonable justification. Even without the knife, if someone is trying to disarm you, you certainly aren’t going to let em.

Agreed, we need more context.

be interesting to know if the guy was charged or not. :unsure:
I can certainly agree on that, joecarry! :unsure:

·
Premium Member
6,577 Posts
I know one thing for sure,
I can not run.
I can not fight.
BUT
I can shoot

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I thought his shot went somewhere around the hip or leg judging by the descending gun and the way the charging person's upper torso kept going forward while his lower half seemed pinned in place at the moment of the shot. But freeze-framing it at the instant of muzzle blast looks like the shot would have gone higher than the hips, perhaps somewhere around the bottom of the rib cage unless it hit his right hand/arm. Hard to tell from the angle, but it was definitely higher up than I thought it was.

Wheel Tire Car Plant Tree

No lungs fell out so we can be sure it wasn't a 9mm. ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Guy had a knife and shooter was adjudicated.
Guy that got shot got what he requested.

·
Super Moderator
31,675 Posts
Justified
I can accept that, but no way the adjudication happened only with the context provided by that video we saw in the OP. :unsure:

·
Registered
18,429 Posts
So is ‘get down’ better than ‘back TF up’ or ‘leave me alone’?
Love the video above from ASP ‘he put the quarter in the juke box. So he gets to dance to the music’.

·
Super Moderator
31,675 Posts
Just saw the ASP video and wish we'd had THAT video to go on initially! Clearly justified and the "scrap like a man, screams-like-a-girl" guy got his just rewards for his stupid "macho" games. . . SCROOM!

·
Registered
15,352 Posts

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
I don't get the "unenlightened pistolero" reference?

EDIT: I guess I'm not enlightened? :)
An enlightened pistolero has no need for the sights on his pistol in any DGU.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts