Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
Guys lucky he decided to shoot low In the leg/crotch. If he hit him center mass it could have been game over. Shooter did good IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
31,677 Posts
Only the left half of the video was in my field of view on my Android phone. :unsure:

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Guys lucky he decided to shoot low In the leg/crotch. If he hit him center mass it could have been game over. Shooter did good IMHO.
Actualy, I thought it was center mass given the angle at which I saw it. The angle seemed too high to me to be crotch/leg. He was lucky the GGWG didn't get a sucessful head shot, or a Mozambique. And I saw the whole frame on my desktop.

Was the GGWG charged with anything?

·
Super Moderator
31,677 Posts
Did this time. Now full screen. Thanks.
Same here. Didn't guy wanting to fight was all that much of a "threat" and this didn't look like a justified shoot to me. Depending upon the state and the totality of the circumstances, how this gets handled by the SA will be interesting! Of course, we don't see what took place before the video started, but I still don't see a good shoot, regardless. :unsure:

Reactions: Old Farmer

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Same here. Didn't guy wanting to fight was all that much of a "threat" and this didn't look like a justified shoot to me. Depending upon the state and the totality of the circumstances, how this gets handled by the SA will be interesting! Of course, we don't see what took place before the video started, but I still don't see a good shoot, regardless. :unsure:
Yeah, tough call. Yeah, the BG was talking smack while the GGWG was at "low ready." He ordered the BG to back off. The BG didn't and kept advancing. The GG goes high and aims. The BG still advances and the GG fires only once, droping him. It's true the BG didn't have a weapon out, but he was still advancing on the GG. Is that enough to constitute "reasonable fear of death or GBH?" Don't know.

·
Registered
9,017 Posts
From another video I saw The BG has a kife

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
No idea what prompted the guy to draw down on him, other video suggests knife, it appeared to me the guy was attempting to take is firearm. He let the guy get way too close in my opinion. I would have had the gun in tight to my hip with my left hand as a blocker so there is no way he could grab the firearm. Shot would been center mass from the hip not gun extended.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I would of kicked at his groin and while he is watching my foot I would of smacked him in the side of the head with the gun to start with.
That would be a lot easier to explain to the Police than shooting him.
If he had a knife all bets are off.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
If the guy had a knife, it's a good shoot. He's advancing on the gun holder, when clearly muzzled with a firearm. That IS indication enough the gun holder is in imminent danger of grave bodily harm or death.

He'd have not taken one to the lower extremities. Shirt off and advances, game over for him.

·
Registered
21,531 Posts
I'm sorry...does nobody see the guy as a threat?...I will be quite honest...I'm not going hands on with anyone I don't know their capabilities ahead of time...the moment he said put your hands up and fight like a man against a gun his mental state is in question...

·
Registered
15,359 Posts
Didn't guy wanting to fight was all that much of a "threat" and this didn't look like a justified shoot to me.
He said, "I'm going to take that gun from you." That's a threat, IMO.

Depending upon the state and the totality of the circumstances, how this gets handled by the SA will be interesting!
I agree.

Of course, we don't see what took place before the video started, but I still don't see a good shoot, regardless.
Yeah... no context in this video. I see a POSSIBLY good shoot.

It's true the BG didn't have a weapon out, but he was still advancing on the GG. Is that enough to constitute "reasonable fear of death or GBH?"
I'd say yes... "I'm going to take that gun..."

He's advancing on the gun holder, when clearly muzzled with a firearm. That IS indication enough the gun holder is in imminent danger of grave bodily harm or death.
What I'm thinking, too.

That all said, I'd probably have "beat feet" when he was pulling his shirt off. Good opportunity to make a run for it, while the BG's eyes are covered. Plus I'm pretty sure I could outrun his fat-a$$.

I'm running... to save HIS life.

Reactions: bladenbullet

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
I'm sorry...does nobody see the guy as a threat?...I will be quite honest...I'm not going hands on with anyone I don't know their capabilities ahead of time...the moment he said put your hands up and fight like a man against a gun his mental state is in question...
I absolutely see this as a threat. I think the part that could justify him was the guy was trying to disarm him. No way am I going to let that happen and or fight over my own gun. Nope.

·
Super Moderator
31,677 Posts
No idea what prompted the guy to draw down on him, other video suggests knife, it appeared to me the guy was attempting to take is firearm. He let the guy get way too close in my opinion. I would have had the gun in tight to my hip with my left hand as a blocker so there is no way he could grab the firearm. Shot would been center mass from the hip not gun extended.
Couldn't see the knife but if he had one and was threatening/advancing on the guy with the firearm, or was saying, "I'm going to take that gun away from you" or some such, that changes the situation a bit. At first glance, it appears the guy with the gun is NOT the [current] aggressor. However, I'm not sure we really know that from the limited context of this video. If he truly was holding a knife and pressing an attack and the guy with the gun was truly just the defender throughout the whole engagement, then it certainly doesn't look good for the alleged attacker, shot as he was advancing on another with an edged weapon a virtually milliseconds away from striking distance. I need more context! :unsure:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts