Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally mailed in all my paperwork yesterday morning.

Hopefully i included everything i needed. Im super nervous about having a problem and it taking even longer. I did the live scan fingerprinting to cut down wait time hopefully. In the envelope I included:

The notarized application
Finger print card ( even though i did the live scan)
official receipt of payment from police station for prints (only $5)
passport photo
money order for $117
Certificate from the concealed weapons class

Do you think i should be ok, or was i missing something?

I cant wait to start carrying........the wait begins

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Sounds like you got it all together Good Luck that was the easy part now the waiting which is the hard part.We all understand when you reach the hair pulling moment .

·
Registered
974 Posts
Don't flip out till you have confirmation on this.

It has been awhile so I may be wrong but I thought the fee to send in this case was $75. It could also be $110.

The $117 was the $75 licensing fee and $42 for the paper finger prints. When you did electronic prints you paid the finger print fee online, at a reduced cost.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/license/fees.html

"Q. What is the cost of the electronic fingerprint submission?
A: The cost of submitting your fingerprints electronically via digital image is approximately $35.00. Keep in mind that some sheriff's offices may charge an additional nominal fee for providing the fingerprinting service. Usually, this is no more than a few dollars.
"(If you submit your fingerprints using the traditional “hard-card” fingerprint method, the cost for the fingerprint submission is $42.)"
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/CWCS/elecfingerprintinfo790.html

Maybe call the Department of Agriculture?

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
What? You didn't include the customary $50 money order for the clerk who opens your packet??? Dude, that license is going to take FOREVER to come back!
:rolf :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
I finally mailed in all my paperwork yesterday morning.

Hopefully i included everything i needed. Im super nervous about having a problem and it taking even longer. I did the live scan fingerprinting to cut down wait time hopefully. In the envelope I included:

The notarized application
Finger print card ( even though i did the live scan)
official receipt of payment from police station for prints (only $5)
passport photo
money order for $117
Certificate from the concealed weapons class

Do you think i should be ok, or was i missing something?

I cant wait to start carrying........the wait begins

Did you include a copy of the receipt for payment (usually made online) for the LiveScan? There's a receipt you need to print to verify that you paid online for the LiveScan prints. The $5 at the station is the fee the local station charges for the service, but it is NOT the $35 fee to the state for processing the LiveScan. There are detailed instructions in the application process for how to pay this, and it MUST be linked to your LiveScan TX number which you MUST ENTER ONLINE when you make payment EXACTLY as it's on your LiveScan print card. The LiveScan prints will drop out of the system (I think after 30 days) if payment isn't made online for the prints.

Please check with the office where you were printed and/or in your application packet for instructions on submitting the LiveScan payment online if you haven't done so. If the prints drop out of the system for non-payment, you probably will need to get printed again.

- Str8Shooter

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just sent mine off on the 9th Dec. I origially had a cashiers check made for $117, but then figured out that I had over paid before I sent it out I went back to bank and corrected the difference and sent the balance of $82.75. I also sent the reciept from the state for the live scan finger prints. I guess it may not matter that you over paid, but you may run into trouble for not sending in the live scan reciept. I know it makes you wanna pull your hair out. You may wanna check into that. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/CWCS/elecfingerprintinfo790.html

According to the application instructions, If you used Live scan. This is the process below.

Q. What is the cost of the electronic fingerprint submission?

A: The cost of submitting your fingerprints electronically via digital image is approximately $35.00. Keep in mind that some sheriff's offices may charge an additional nominal fee for providing the fingerprinting service. Usually, this is no more than a few dollars.

(If you submit your fingerprints using the traditional “hard-card” fingerprint method, the cost for the fingerprint submission is $42.)

Q. How do I submit payment for my electronic fingerprint submission?

A: The answer to this question depends upon where you have your fingerprints taken. A few sheriffs’ offices can accept payment by check or money order at the time and at the place where your fingerprints are scanned.

However, other sheriff's offices cannot accept such payments. If you have your prints scanned at a sheriff's office that cannot accept payment, you will have to submit payment online using a secure web site created by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Here is the link for the Civil Applicant Payment System, or CAPS. https://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/CAPS/

NOTE: After you printed the receipt for payment. You need to include this receipt with you application.

You would then need to pay for the licensing processing fee of $75.00

Q. What do I submit to the Division of Licensing after I have submitted payment?

A: When you send your application to the Division of Licensing, be sure that you include copies of all RECEIPTS and the PHOTOCOPY of the electronic fingerprint submission given to you by the fingerprint technician. Please be sure that you include all of the following items:

* a completed application;
* a passport-style color photograph;
* copies of training documentation;
* a check or money order in the amount of $75 for the licensing fee made payable to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now that i think about it, maybe my finger prints were not done live scan. They were done with a livescan machine but he printed them on my finger print form, and the gentleman that took my fingerprint told me i dont have to pay any other fee, except the $5 he charged me at the police station for the prints. I feel like nobody can ever give me a straight story on to how i was to do this. But anyways is it possible for them to have used a live scan machine to just print the finger prints on the form? if so, thats what i did, as well as pay the full 117$.....so i just have my fingers crossed about everything

·
Registered
100 Posts
You did do the prints via LiveScan -- they're in the system, but they just gave you a printout as well.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Yamaha17 do you remember getting a Transaction Control Number (TCN): when you were finished with your prints? If you did then you have to pay for the electronic prints here. If you did not get one then you should be ok because the fingerprint card has your prints on it and you sent the right payment amount.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didnt get any tcn...all i got was my finger print app with my prints on it.....thats it, and a receipt for $5 for the fee

·
Registered
51 Posts
O.k hope this doesnt burn me as well. I submitted a copy of the fingerprint scan which were done electronically but DID NOT send in a copy of the reciept that I paid for them electronically. The paper I have that I got from the Pinellas Co. Sheriffs Office entitled "Electronic Fingerprint Submission" states PLEASE INCLUDE EITHER THE PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR FINGERPRINT SCAN, THE CONFIRMATION DOCUMENT, OR THE RECIEPT along with app., photo, training docs and check for 75 dollars. I mailed my stuff off Nov. 18th with a cashiers check and the check has still yet to be cashed. BFC

·
653 Posts
As I understand it the $35 on line fee is for the criminal background check which includes running the fingerprints. So you have to put a check for the $75 and a receipt for the $35 that you print on line after making the payment.

How about someone puts together a list of everything that is needed for the application and then make it a sticky? I can put together the list and the moderator can check it to make sure it is complete then make it a sticky on the Concealed Weapons Firearms License Links section of the forum?

Rather than tell the new guys after the fact we can upfront have all the information. I know that it is in the application but it can be confusing putting everything together and understanding what the application is referring to.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well obviously if thats the case then I : censored up! I was under the impression that the reciept was, The RECEIPT that the fingerprint technician gave you will include a Transaction Control Number (TCN) and your name. (The TCN will begin with 70SX, 70LX, 70SO, or 70C and be followed by a number that will consist of as many as 18 digits.) which was on the photocopy of my prints. Also I guess I misread the green paper that the Pin. Co. Sheriffs Office gave me as I quoted above. Maybe Santa knew what he was doing when he put a red bag of coal in my stocking this a.m. bad boy for not following directions. Oh well any suggestions? When I paid the 35 bucks online I did print out a copy of the reciept which I have. Obviously since they havent cashed my 75 dollar check means they probably havent opened the envelope with all the other documents in it. Should I just drop a copy of the reciept in the mail tomorrow? Wait for them to contact me? Call up there and try to fax it? Thanks for the input and the clarification I : censored up. BFC

·
653 Posts
From what I have gathered this is the complete list of items that should be included in the application. Better than to have too many than not enough.

List of Documents to Submit with Your Application

* Signed and Notarized Application
* Passport Photos
* Verification of Training
* Certified Copies of Court Documents relating to any criminal charges against you
* Fingerprint Card
* Online Receipt from CWCS
* Proof of Residence in Florida 90 days (For non US Citizens only)
* Proof of Residence in the US by the INS if not a US citizen
* Fee $75 check or money order

Note:

* Make copies of the complete application package for your records
* Use Certified / Return Receipt Mail this will give you a way to track your application

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
From what I have gathered this is the complete list of items that should be included in the application. Better than to have too many than not enough.

List of Documents to Submit with Your Application

* Signed and Notarized Application
* Passport Photos
* Verification of Training
* Certified Copies of Court Documents relating to any criminal charges against you
* Fingerprint Card
* Online Receipt from CWCS
* Proof of Residence in Florida 90 days
* Proof of Residence in the US by the INS if not a US citizen
* Fee $75 check or money order

Note:

* Make copies of the complete application package for your records
* Use Certified / Return Receipt Mail this will give you a way to track your application
Where in the requirements does it state you need to provide proof that you lived in Florida at least 90 days? I haven't seen it in the application instructions booklet. I have been living in FL since 1990. It mentions you need to be a US citizen, which I have supplied my SS#.

When I took my Live Scan prints. I remember that they included my drivers license number. I also sent a copy of my Florida State Corrections Certification and Cert#. I am sure they can figure out if I am a Florida resident by checking my home address, passport information, Homestead exemption and property tax records.

Was anyone ever turned down for not providing proof?, Am I going to receive mail from Dept of Ag?

·
653 Posts
Sorry, I misread the application instruction booklet. The proof of residency is for non US citizens only. I will try and fix that post. I did include three months of cable bills. I guess too much info is better than none.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yamaha17, look on the copy of your fingerprint card. In the upper left hand box under "Applicant", it should list your (TCN) Its a number that starts with 70SX..... If you have that number, log onto:
https://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/caps/
then put your CAPS LOCK on, and enter your Transaction Control Number (TCN)
then enter your name "exactly" (even if there are mistakes) like it's typed on your fingerprint card. (commas, spaces, and all exactly like its on your card)
then you'll have to enter your credit card # and pay for your prints online.. Then once your receipt is generated, make a couple copies, call the CCW hotline and ask where to send it.. Cause if you got them done by livescan, and didnt pay the clerk at the sheriffs office $34.25 (or whatever it is) then you MUST pay for them online and send a copy of the receipt with your application!! Best of luck!!

Note: if your fingerprint card does NOT have that TCN number, then I suppose you just did the prints the old fashioned way, and should be fine with your application and payment.. It may take a little longer that way, but I think your ok either way..

Double Note: Sorry for the multiple copy post.. I didnt see a Page 2 until I replied.. DOH!! :O)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts