Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this article today on Newsmax and thought it relevant for the Forum:

This hits close to home when I remember our good friend Rick McC recently suffering a dog attack that he was very lucky to not end up with worse damage to his left hand, which could have been even more tragic by ending his guitar playing days! Additionally, racer has described a coyote encounter that could also have gone badly, but luckily didn't.

Note: The author posted this article on 01 FEB 2022, which explains why he was wearing gloves and needed to remove the glove from his strong-side. My one criticism (if you can call it that) is that one should be cautious about wearing earbuds outside in public because it limits one's situational awareness by limiting/depriving one's auditory inputs. :unsure:

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
Agree about the ear pods.
Absolutely, I see it everywhere! Everyone is in their own little world these days wearing those EarPods to block out everything around them. Easy targets if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Absolutely, I see it everywhere! Everyone is in their own little world these days wearing those EarPods to block out everything around them. Easy targets if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bingo ! these things are the worst item you should be wearing outside in the general public . Talk about NO Situational Awareness , like taking candy from a baby IMO .. I've seen drivers wearing these damn things also ..:eek:

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Bingo ! these things are the worst item you should be wearing outside in the general public . Talk about NO Situational Awareness , like taking candy from a baby IMO .. I've seen drivers wearing these damn things also ..:eek:
Precisely. And, precisely, one of the main points of my "Beware.... The Bushman" thread.... Stay situationally aware!

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I wear these Bose buds around my property. They have three settings for outside noise cancellation. On the first setting I can play music on low volume and hear cars further away than with my ears alone.
Kind of like hearing aids w music.
On the next two settings, only good for external noise canceling.
Eyes AND ears are my priority, though out in public I never wear buds.
Input device Peripheral Material property Gadget Electric blue

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Super Moderator
31,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
The only time I limit my hearing outside is when I am using my chainsaw. My tinnitus is bad enough without making it worse. I find this article extremely informative especially since our cayote population has increased dramatically. Also, nearby neighbors have had multiple instances of bobcat sightings coming up to the front ring doorbell. It seems we have pushed local wildlife just a little to hard with the increase of housing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts