Florida Concealed Carry banner

I am suggesting two items to allow this website to grow membership

5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Dave13 
#1 ·
1) Have a price posted with whatever you are selling. It you are only willing to trade also have a price with the product you wish to sell. You can always use the cash to buy what you want. Part of the reason this is done is so others can keep putting the item BTT when they inquire about price. It's a game, and not new essay. A well represented item at a fair price will sell. It does not need to be bumped twenty times before the OP posts a price.

2) Have the title reflect the post content. A subject of, "Would you believe..." is useless to all, and the OP usually does this so more people read the thread. It wastes time when you have to re-read threads because of mystery titles, or waste time looking at something you would have never opens in the first place. This will also make searches easier and cut down on reports.

What do others think?

#3 ·
grow bigger......harrummph......ten of us were having a blast till y'all showed up.

#6 ·
Google searches for what?
You're saying if folks changed how they advertised items here for sale it would grow membership yet you fail to realize how little stuff is sold here. It's not like everytime someone searches 'glock 17 for sale' it's going to bring this place up?

#5 ·
2) Have the title reflect the post content. A subject of, "Would you believe..." is useless to all, and the OP usually does this so more people read the thread. It wastes time when you have to re-read threads because of mystery titles, or waste time looking at something you would have never opens in the first place. This will also make searches easier and cut down on reports.

What do others think?
If you have time to be on a forum, you have time to click on a thread title that begs you to open it up to see more!

I still don't see how these changes would grow membership.

#7 ·
For example if I search "Glock striker failure" on google I will get plenty of hits. If I title a thread "question about Glock striker", then a google search may pick up my thread from here. This will prompt someone to click and find this forum. Also the owners of this site make a bit more $$$. But if I list my thread as "so I was talking to a guy in the gun shop and..." This may not happen. Plus if you have no interest in Glock or strikers, you will be put off by wasting your time.

As far as for sale items, they should have a price. Why should we have to waste time guessing, or giving those without a price a senseless bump simply because they will not list a price. Another idea is if the admin is okay with people selling things without a price, turn comments off. Very few forums have the ability other than the OP to comment on the item being sold. Offer it for sale, handle through PM.

#16 ·
For example if I search "Glock striker failure" on google I will get plenty of hits. If I title a thread "question about Glock striker", then a google search may pick up my thread from here. This will prompt someone to click and find this forum. Also the owners of this site make a bit more $$$. But if I list my thread as "so I was talking to a guy in the gun shop and..." This may not happen. Plus if you have no interest in Glock or strikers, you will be put off by wasting your time.

As far as for sale items, they should have a price. Why should we have to waste time guessing, or giving those without a price a senseless bump simply because they will not list a price. Another idea is if the admin is okay with people selling things without a price, turn comments off. Very few forums have the ability other than the OP to comment on the item being sold. Offer it for sale, handle through PM.
Even for those not willing to sell and only trade?

#9 ·
I don't want another "glock talk" forum. We don't need to be big to be good :aarg

#10 ·
No we don't need to be big to be good. And it's not realistic thinking to believe that a Florida concealed carry board will have as many members as a forum for the the words most sold pistol. My thinking was that an accurate subject title would keep members, and make new ones. The forum will grow, that's natural. If misleading and guessing at a threads true subject because of an incomplete or misleading title is what the owner wants, so be it.

Just offering my suggestions.

#12 ·
Dave has a point here as far as titles go as well as having a price on ads. I don't open any threads that have a non-relevant title ( I used to open them, not anymore). This may actually hurt my "search" for a particular question regaurding whatever I'm searching for but, I don't waste my time anymore. I myself am guilty of horrible titles but, I'm working hard to not do that. As far as prices on ads.......every ad should have a price if it is a "WWT/WTS" or "WTS" ad. If it is strickly just a trade ad, well them I'm good with no price. $0.02

#15 ·
It's always nice to have more "quality" folks on here, rather than more trolls, idiots & spammers.
I agree. I think the way the classified section currently is now, with allowing day one members to post in the classifieds, is terrible. It invites scammers, hit and runs (post an ad and never reply again) etc. to occur.

I think at the very least, this should be switched back to members needing to be here for 30-60 days and have 25 real involvement posts. This isn't glocktalk and never will be. This is a state specific forum and thus will be smaller than non state specific forums. Why not have tight classified rules like say the keltec forum (ktog)? Maybe not to their tightness but something better than there currently is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.