Florida Concealed Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Good post. Thanks. You get to the crux of the matter for me. I carry a concealed weapon most of the time, am a white male, and odds are high if I have to draw my weapon to defend myself the person attacking me will be a black male between 15 and 30. Anyone who carries a gun in FL IS George Zimmerman.

·
Registered
642 Posts
interesting stuff to say the least. Any of us that choose to carry might well find ourselves in the same boat. I hope not, but what's the old saying? "better tried by twelve than carried by six."

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
That was awesome! Thank you. I will pass it along.
Glad you are here.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Thank you for that input.

I, too, am glad to see your contribution.

Welcome!

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
This whole case, if it had have been perpetrated, between two black men, or two white men, would not be in Court in Sanford.

So, this is not a case of a crime, it is Racism, period.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
We have awiner

This whole case, if it had have been perpetrated, between two black men, or two white men, would not be in Court in Sanford.

So, this is not a case of a crime, it is Racism, period.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
I have thought this was a political witch hunt to help the left remove the second amendment from the bill of rights , "common sense gun control " as obummer calls it is BS it's about power . He wants it all

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Great post and the response comments are excellent.

May we never have to drawn our guns and be put through this same hell as Mr. Zimmerman but if we do, we are doing it to protect ourselves and our loved ones lives which is the MOST important thing to us all.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Thanks for sharing that blog post with us. Very informative. Appreciate your perspective.

·
Registered
12,914 Posts
I can't comment on the MZ case since I'm not an expert on the law and certainly don't know all the facts, but if it boils down to Political Correctness, keep in mind that the goal of PC is to intimidate and get "us" to change our behavior. It's the biggest witch hunt in history.

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
Great read.
There will still be people who say he should not have exited his vehicle.
Many say because be was armed he was emboldened and got out. No gun many believe he would not
have exited his vehicle to pursue Martin. This is what I run into when discussing this with people.
I can clearly see Zimmerman was in trouble and believed his life was in jeopardy so deadly force at that point was justified but how does Florida law apply to him exiting his vehicle? Can he be found guilty for instigating the whole event?
By getting out to confront Martin can he be held accountable for all events thereafter even if moments later he was justified?
This is where I think the jury may convict him. On some strange twist of law they may find him the initiator, the instigator and the party responsible for the rest of the chain of events, no?

Opinions....

·
Registered
54,325 Posts
Martin was holding him down and bashing Zimmerman’s head into concrete.

Facts not in evidence. The injuries sustained do not rise to evidence that M was bashing Z's head into the concrete except from Z's statement.

I'm surprised an atty would make this mistake, instead of "allegedly bashing--blah blah blah"

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Great read.
There will still be people who say he should not have exited his vehicle.
Many say because be was armed he was emboldened and got out. No gun many believe he would not
have exited his vehicle to pursue Martin. This is what I run into when discussing this with people.
I can clearly see Zimmerman was in trouble and believed his life was in jeopardy so deadly force at that point was justified but how does Florida law apply to him exiting his vehicle? Can he be found guilty for instigating the whole event?
By getting out to confront Martin can he be held accountable for all events thereafter even if moments later he was justified?
This is where I think the jury may convict him. On some strange twist of law they may find him the initiator, the instigator and the party responsible for the rest of the chain of events, no?

Opinions....
Just because something happened prior to something else it does not mean the prior event CAUSED the later. Basic rule of logic.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts

Facts not in evidence. The injuries sustained do not rise to evidence that M was bashing Z's head into the concrete except from Z's statement.

I'm surprised an atty would make this mistake, instead of "allegedly bashing--blah blah blah"
A witness stated that night that M was on top MMA style. It is in the police report.

·
Registered
54,325 Posts
A witness stated that night that M was on top MMA style. It is in the police report.
Does it say anything about them witnessing Z getting his head pounded repeatedly while he was mounted? I've not see it anywhere. Simply mounting someone does not indicate that you are bashing someones head repeatedly into the ground/concrete.

Big difference between the two.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
"MMA style" does not mean the karma sutra was being employed.

·
Registered
16,862 Posts

And a couple others. But it's an opinion piece based in rethorics.get with the program:grin

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.