Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
And brownie nailed it……ive had 5-6 instructor including brownie and bob and 2 LEO’s and my current X army ranger with lots of post military training……they have all been excellent.

·
Registered
14,865 Posts
Actually, I was referring to the Grossman assessment.

So, nobody liked the video I linked. Hey, it happens.
Even Grossman. I can be entertained by his approach. And I can also critic his work. It doesn’t mean he has the experience to teach his curriculum. That is my contestation.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Even Grossman. I can be entertained by his approach. And I can also critic his work. It doesn’t mean he has the experience to teach his curriculum. That is my contestation.
If BTDT is the only valid experience, you're right. That's not necessarily a criteria I hold fast to. Dr. William Aprill, for example, wasn't a psychopathic alpha predator, as far as I know, but he offered up a great deal of expertise on the topic through his research, interviews and education.

·
Registered
14,865 Posts
If BTDT is the only valid experience, you're right. That's not necessarily a criteria I hold fast to. Dr. William Aprill, for example, wasn't a psychopathic alpha predator, as far as I know, but he offered up a great deal of expertise on the topic through his research, interviews and education.
But had he hunted psychopathic predators? Interviewed them? Was he up front about his experience in both his curriculum and experience?
This is what I talk about when talking about vetting.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
But had he hunted psychopathic predators? Interviewed them? Was he up front about his experience in both his curriculum and experience?
This is what I talk about when talking about vetting.
Absolutely yes on all counts.

I'm pretty sure Grossman is equally up-front. I'm thinking he pointed out in the seminar I attended that he wasn't combat-experienced.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
And brownie nailed it……ive had 5-6 instructor including brownie and bob and 2 LEO’s and my current X army ranger with lots of post military training……they have all been excellent.
Brownie is the only instructor here who I've trained under. He is one of the best, IMO, at what he teaches, how he presents it, and how he interacts personally with his students.

I screwed up royally, but honestly and innocently on one of the drills he was instructing at Volusa. Others would regard it as careless negligence. It was my first experience with the skill, and I sent one over the berm. It would have gotten me at least dressed down, if not booted in other classes I have attended. He simply shrugged it off as the honest, one-time mistake that it was, and moved on with what he was teaching.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts