Florida Concealed Carry banner

How Often Should I Be Cleaning My Gun If I CCW?

2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  bttbbob 
#1 · (Edited)
Grass Metal Tool

Part of owning a gun is gun cleaning and lubrication, as guns are machines and therefore need a bit of maintenance to function correctly. This is especially important if one is going to carry concealed - or openly - on a daily or near-daily basis. To rely upon a gun for defense, it has to be in working order. .

Continue reading at:
http://gunbelts.com/blog/cleaning-my-gun/

See less See more
#4 ·
There should be an asterisk "*"

* If it's a Glock, don't worry about it.

:)

#13 ·
Weakly no matter if you shoot it or not.
Reasons
1-first thing you do is unload it to clean. So at at least that one time a week, you won't be that dumbarse in the newspaper after a negligent shooting saying "I didn't know the gun was loaded."
2-when cleaning a gun, you have to operate the action. The more you operate the action, the more you know the gun. The more you know the gun, the safer and more proficient you will be with it.
3-by cleaning a gun weekly, you will give it a detail inspection. This will make sure he gun goes bang when you need it.
Things to look for, street cracks, loose grips, loose sights, funky end play in trigger or hammer.
4-maintain value. The gun you carry gets undo wear and tear. More so than a gun that sits in the safe.
5-it gives you confidence in your tool.(gun)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.