Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my class Friday and went to the sheriff dept Saturday to get printed with the LIVE SCAN thingy. I then went home and paid the $34.25 online, and got a receipt for it. Now, I know I am supposed to send that receipt and a copy of the prints the sheriff dept gave me, but how much do I send with the application? I figured I was to send the difference of the $117, but read somewhere to only send $75. Which do I do? Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
You need to send $75 as you've already paid the state for the biometrics and background check. My understanding is that there is no need to send the printout of your fingerprints -- just the receipt with the transaction number.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I did the livescan also. I sent a copy of my prints, the $5 receipt to the Sheriff's Office for doing the prints, and the LiveScan receipt I printed out for paying for the processing.

Of course, I mailed mine 83 calendar days ago... and sm still waiting. :) Maybe you might want to follow the advice of someone who has actually RECEIVED their license back from the DOA.

- Str8Shooter

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
You need to send $75 as you've already paid the state for the biometrics and background check. My understanding is that there is no need to send the printout of your fingerprints -- just the receipt with the transaction number.
+1 on this :thumsup

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I took my class Friday and went to the sheriff dept Saturday to get printed with the LIVE SCAN thingy. I then went home and paid the $34.25 online, and got a receipt for it. Now, I know I am supposed to send that receipt and a copy of the prints the sheriff dept gave me, but how much do I send with the application? I figured I was to send the difference of the $117, but read somewhere to only send $75. Which do I do? Thanks!
Check out this post

http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1071

1 - 6 of 6 Posts