Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many who carry a firearm have taken time in their world to attain some training in H2h skills/defense?

Registered
Not since I was in college (some karate).

Unless getting put on the ground by Brownie in a demonstration at a Threat-Focused course counts! 馃榿

But, this thread reminded me of a quote:

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

Registered
I have not had the opportunity to train with yoos guys but, it鈥檚 definitely something I want to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: brownie

Super Moderator
I have. Both Brownie鈥檚 H2H but also some beginner Krav Maga.

Registered
I have. As I get older and less physical, hand-to-hand skills become more important. I need quick fight-ending skills.

Registered
Yes but only in the Marines and Police Academy. Been awhile but I have passed some basic skills along to friends and coworkers who asked. Any solid techniques are better than those imagined from movies and tv. My wife is proficient at the gun snatch technique and several strike skills. :unsure:

Registered
I鈥檝e had two of the h2h/blade training courses so far鈥

Super Moderator
Three or four of brownie's H2H/edged weapon SD courses, the first in 2014, 2015, 2017 perhaps one other that I can't remember for sure. Wanted go with Edgehill and barbie and others that were training in Krav Maga down at Markham Park but couldn't seem to fit those into my work schedule before those events dried up. Since Edgehill is relatively close geographically, perhaps we can arrange some sparring practice but need to find some more training opportunities. Always trying to avoid becoming "gun centric" for SD. :unsure:

Registered
I've been kicking my own ass for 62 years...

Registered
Had some knife training and some training with the sticks. Never made it to your H2H classes unfortunately.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I carry a pencil.
John Wick once killed three men with a pencil鈥︹.a pencil!
Have you been trained in unconventional weapons as Wick has been? Know the 1-3-6 or 1-2-5 attack angles to keep continuously moving the pencil? :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Kenpo karate for many years with various masters including Rick Alemany and then my favorite and go to movements Arnis, which I studied under the late Remy Presas

1 - 20 of 36 Posts