Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
13,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the habit of carrying a backup, small revolver in my police days. That mentality still kind of nags at me down here where it’s impractical because I live in shorts.

Sometimes, the urge strikes me and I will “haul” a 1911 waist level AND a sub, 9mm in my pocket. I concede I am not print conscious but that’s because I know no one notices anyway. I almost never carry extra mags (my bad) but wonder how many do. :unsure:

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
56,816 Posts
Single stack gets two extra mags carried. Double stack one extra mag. Often enough I carried two like yourself while "working", sometimes two 1911's other times two J frame 38's in back pocket of dungarees.

Today, when I carry it's one extra mag for the single stack Shield 45. No extra ammo for the NAA Pug 22mag [ the battle would be over before I could ever recharge that one ].

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a Glock AIWB + spare mag on belt.
Kahr PM9 in weak hand front pocket.
Its not that I think I "need" two guns or live in a "bad area" - I don't.
2nd gun in pocket affords the options of primarily being able to put my hand on it without revealing I'm carrying (handy if I see someone "shady" approaching me in parking lot or at gas pump) which I can't do with Glock on belt.
Second option is being able to quickly access a handgun with my weak hand if my dominant hand was "unavailable" for whatever reason.
Spare magazine is handy in the unfortunate even of malfunction (jam).
Those options are valid regardless of where, no difference in walking the dogs versus Wal-Mart.
I don't base carry on anticipated threat, rather just try to carry the handgun I'd prefer in hand if I had to defend myself, wherever.
99% of the time I'm wearing cargo shorts, untucked shirt and carrying "all that".
1% of time either push mowing yard or jogging wearing gym shorts with Sig 365 in Smartcarry.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'm hundreds of miles from the pack train right now, so I have three spare mags on my person. Normally, I have one in the gun and one in the mag holder. I'm carrying the Performance Center .45 Shield, as usual.

·
Super Moderator
31,887 Posts
I always carry two mags regardless of single stack 1911 .45 ACP or double stack 9mm P229; "two makes one and one makes none" is my mindset. YMMV! 🤠

·
Registered
14,865 Posts
I carry a BUG often but I always carry extra MAG'S

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Summer:
G36, two backup mags
NAA .22WMR front pocket

Winter:
G17, one backup mag
NAA .22WMR front pocket

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
I don’t carry single stacks that much anymore do to the proclivity of todays “misunderstood youth” to travel in packs, and I always carry two double stack reloads.
If I do carry a single stack, I‘ll carry four reloads; two in each cargo pocket in the “built-in“ mag pouches. So, that’s a load-out of 41 rounds of .45 acp.

My usual carry is a Wilson EDC X9 at 3:00, Infidel auto at 9:00, two reloads in mag pouches inside the left cargo pocket (for a load-out of 46 rounds of 9mm), flashlight and iPhone in their pockets, plus wallet, cash and keys/fob. There’re small multi-tools on the key carabiner.

There's also a 12 gauge Shockwave and a P238 plus extra loads for them, in my truck. If I HAVE to visit a metro area; I’ll add my P.O.F. AR pistol, with plenty of reloads, to the truck stockpile.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Summer:
G36, two backup mags
NAA .22WMR front pocket

Winter:
G17, one backup mag
NAA .22WMR front pocket
As do I Sir , Never have been able to sleep , especially at night. Pure awareness from back when ! A helluva way to live , But I Refuse To Be A Sheep ..'G'

Reactions: MPDC66

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I don’t carry single stacks that much anymore do to the proclivity of todays “misunderstood youth” to travel in packs, and I always carry two double stack reloads.
If I do carry a single stack, I‘ll carry four reloads; two in each cargo pocket in the “built-in mag pouches. So, that’s a load-out of 41 rounds of .45 acp.

My usual carry is a Wilson EDC X9 at 3:00, Infidel auto at 9:00, two reloads in mag pouches inside the left cargo pocket (for a load-out of 46 rounds of 9mm), flashlight and iPhone in their pockets, plus wallet, cash and keys/fob. There’re small multi-tools on the key carabiner.

There's also a 12 gauge Shockwave and a P238 plus extra loads for them, in my truck. If I HAVE to visit a metro area; I’ll add my P.O.F. AR pistol, with plenty of reloads, to the truck stockpile.
WOW .. :eek: Remind me NEVER to Approach you Ever My Friend ! You Go 'G'

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
G27 with 2 flush 10 rounders & a 15 rnd mag from my G22 for the main & back up is a TCP 738 with two six rnd mags. Should I venture to far away from home, I throw in my backpack with the sub2000 & 8 or 10 G22 mags in it & the G22, along with all of the above. I hate feeling inadequately “ ammo’d up “!

·
Registered
21,572 Posts
g19 15+1 with a 17 round backup...optional p32 in the back pocket holster weak side...

Reactions: CDW4ME and MPDC66
1 - 20 of 82 Posts