Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'm not sure if this thread should be here so mods, If it belongs somewhere else, please move...

There might already be a thread or two about this but I did a quick search and didn't find too much.

Can you 1911 guys post pictures and info about how you carry your 1911's?
I would like to see pictures of it concealed and uncovered, and details about the gun, holster, and clothing.

I'm most interested in your "summer carry" rigs so if you could help me out, that would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
I carry with a crossbreed supertuck with SA1911 GI. My photo forum is down so no photos. It is very comfortable carry after adjusting even when driving.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
I carry my 1911 Combat Commander in Condition 1, "Mexican" style, at the 3:00 O'Clock.

·
Registered
54,674 Posts
Owb cross draw in a Sparks 55bn or owb 3-3:30 John O'Orourke custom pancake. Carried condition 0, cocked and thumb safety off.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Only on my birthday and IWB in a basic leather holster.

My 1911 is a Remington Rand made in 1943 which my wife gave my for my birthday two years ago. It rarely sees the outside of the safe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know TS. Seems like you and brownie have laid out some perfectly dry kindling for the unsuspecting. :) I get both of your positions, really. I have seen them argued brilliantly in the past. I guess in the back of my mind I am wondering how long it will take for the boy scout to come along with the farmers match. Im in :popcorn Oh, and for me it would be full size 1911, 8+1, in a Milt Sparks VMII IWB all the time. Also condition 1

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!
Btw, I'm trying to figure out what size 1911 I would like to have, which would eventually be my ccw.

And me being 6'1" and 155-165 lbs (and I'm working on putting on weight), I am kinda thinking the full size 1911 might be a little too big to conceal. But I like the feel and look of a government size 1911.

·
Banned
399 Posts
I think what you would be looking for is something similar to a Colt 1991 A1. I have a Springfield version of one pictured below.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
here ya go in my Crossbreed. This was with a tight work shirt. Normally I wear a bit looser so its not as noticeable. Also loosing weight to help that as well.

Attachments

·
Banned
300 Posts
Thanks guys!
Btw, I'm trying to figure out what size 1911 I would like to have, which would eventually be my ccw.

And me being 6'1" and 155-165 lbs (and I'm working on putting on weight), I am kinda thinking the full size 1911 might be a little too big to conceal. But I like the feel and look of a government size 1911.

Hand in hand with the decision to carry a full size pistol goes the Decision to conceal it. I absolutely positively assure you that if you decide to carry a full size pistol and you decide to conceal it, you will be successful.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I carry a Rock Island 1911 Officer
IMAG0006.jpg

I'm built like you I stand 6'2" and weigh 150 - 155lbs

Holster is a Galco Royal Guard IWB
IMAG0006.jpg

Here are some quick Pics with it on the 3 o'clock
IMAG0010.jpg IMAG0009.jpg IMAG0011.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
I carry a Colt Defender 3" bbl cocked and locked in a Don Hume IWB holster @ 2 o'clock on my strong side, along with a Don Hume matching extra mag holster @ 7 o'clock. This is my winter rig when I can wear a shirt or coat to cover up.

Summer for me is a Kel-Tec P3AT in my shorts pocket, just to hot to carry all that weight around, IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts