Florida Concealed Carry banner

101 - 120 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
I lived on Goobers over the weekends from 16-20. Drive from Lakeland to Cocoa Beach on Friday night. Buy a loaf of bread and a jar of Goobers. Sleep in church parking lots Friday and Saturday night, surf all weekend. Good times. Indeed.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Chunky with a smidge of guava marmalade spread on the bread-bread’s gotta be toasted.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Right now I’m smoking a pipe. Yes, you read that right. I’m reintroducing myself to the leisurely joy of pipe smoking (always been a weekend cigar smoker) while watching some Netflix and enjoying my backyard. Quarantine is bad for my waistline. I need to set up a home gym and stop snacking. I’ve already put on about 7 lbs, and not in a good way!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Im so bored I’m going to try to teach my wife to shoot my PLR16 Kel Tec with the green laser today. I ordered batteries for all weapon lasers and red dots yesterday.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I’m so bored I thought about polishing the brass on my 9mm ammo box. Then, I slapped myself out of it.

I have reorganized my “firearms” closet like three times. Counted all the ammo in current inventory, cleaned all the firearms I have left dirty on purpose (except my test AR), and organized my junk drawers. I’m bored AF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I will also evaluate magazine spring failure theory. The Surefire 50 rounder has been loaded for at least 5 years

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Just hangin’ out, walking the dogs, and grillin’.

Yesterday I cleaned an old revolver for a neighbor lady, and showed her how to load and operate it.

It was an interesting and very minty piece. It appeared to be a S&W Model 10, but with a two inch barrel and alloy frame. It had “Airweight” on the frame, and the hammer and trigger were color case hardened. Caliber was .38 special.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I’m so bored I thought about polishing the brass on my 9mm ammo box. Then, I slapped myself out of it.

I have reorganized my “firearms” closet like three times. Counted all the ammo in current inventory, cleaned all the firearms I have left dirty on purpose (except my test AR), and organized my junk drawers. I’m bored AF.

I am surprised you are off work,considering where you work. ??????

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I am surprised you are off work,considering where you work. ??????
I’m still working. Just get bored at home not being able to do anything fun outside. The little lady has run out of things to clean and organize in the house so, now she is bored too.

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
Just hangin’ out, walking the dogs, and grillin’.

Yesterday I cleaned an old revolver for a neighbor lady, and showed her how to load and operate it.

It was an interesting and very minty piece. It appeared to be a S&W Model 10, but with a two inch barrel and alloy frame. It had “Airweight” on the frame, and the hammer and trigger were color case hardened. Caliber was .38 special.
Sounds like a Model 36 or 37, Rick. Should be stamped under the crane. I have my dad's old model 36 Airweight

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
6 round capacity, probably model 12. Five would be a 37, 36 was not airweight I don’t believe. They did make short model 10’s, I was issued one as Investigator in Army.

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
6 round capacity, probably model 12. Five would be a 37, 36 was not airweight I don’t believe. They did make short model 10’s, I was issued one as Investigator in Army.
The one in my safe is stamped "Airweight", is six shot with an 1 7/8 barrel, and I thought it was stamped 36 under the crane. May be 37. I'll check later, Roger

ETA my mistake. 5 shot model 37

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
Geesh reading the posts in this thread makes me think you all are a bunch of kiss ass sissies.
Former marines are the biggest sissies too! Can’t even tie their own shoes without mommas help.
We need a middle finger smilie. There are no former Marines, unless dishonorably discharged

·
Registered
886 Posts
Just got out of pool, needed a cool down after doing some yard work. Cub scouts camping trip planned for this weekend was cancelled so we set up the tent last night in the backyard. Was a nice night for sleeping in the tent. The boy loves it. Mom slept with us too. We had a fire and hung out. Probably walk the golf course tonight and sleep in the tent again.

Yesterday I made a traditional New Mexico style Friday Lenten meal in my house. Tortas De Huevos, homemade slow cooked pinto beans (cook them down long enough and mash em a bit and they are like refried beans), homemade flour tortillas and homemade red chili sauce for it all. My Dads side of the family’s recipes.

Just relaxing now trying to figure out what to order or make for dinner.

·
Super Moderator
6,094 Posts
I have spring cleaned the entire house. Too bad no one will see it.

I trail walk my doggie every morning. The peace and quiet are good for the soul.

I'm taking advantage of the free Nikon classes offered for the month of April.

I'm taking advantage of Audible books for free while I work on my counted cross-stitch project.

I write notes to widows who can't have visitors.

I'm still doing nature photography when I'm out on the trail.

I avoid humans at all costs. Not because of the virus, but because of humans in general. :grin

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
So nice to hear from you, MamaBear! Could you maybe post one of your pics?

Mother in Law is in memory care with dementia up in Tallahassee, we’re keeping up with Dad while she’s in lockdown. Brother in law who is a physician in Idaho called earlier wanting to know which shotgun to buy for home defense. He called from store and said there were only a few boxes of 12 gauge in the whole place. He said they had no number 4 or number 1 that I suggested and wondered if zero zero would be good.

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
I avoid humans at all costs. Not because of the virus, but because of humans in general.*

My soulmate

101 - 120 of 262 Posts