Florida Concealed Carry banner

61 - 80 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Last time we had a hurricane, I laid out the concertina and got my 8kw gen set hooked up to it, you know you can never be too safe. Anyway, after all my preparations were complete, I was throwing the ball for the dog and it landed inside a loop of concertina. Well, I tried to stop him, but you know how dogs are, just won’t listen. I did manage to kill my gen set before he got to the wire, but I’d hooked three 10000 micro fared capacitors in parallel across the hot and neutral in case of a power outage and so there was still plenty of juice available. Long story short, he got quite a jolt, would have killed any ordinary animal, but he’s a trooper and he lived. Though he was never the same afterwards, absolutely refuses to play fetch and about all he’s good for is producing rancid scat. Howls like a banshee and won’t quit every time he sees concertina wire.
Thanks for the paint tip, I’ve ordered 200 gallons from Amazon (free delivery for Prime members). Hope it gets here before they shut down all businesses. Anybody got a good source for 12 gauge set guns?
Arthur; And they say that people here can't appreciate sarcasm!!!!!!
Beautifully written.:2thumsup

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I get bored easily...
I plan to polish all of my 9mm FMJ. :)

Maybe try to teach the dachshund a few new tricks.

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
I get bored easily...
I plan to polish all of my 9mm FMJ. :)

Maybe try to teach the dachshund a few new tricks.
Or for a twist and variety... Teach your 9-mm some new tricks and polish your dachshund. ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,063 Posts

·
Registered
20,214 Posts
Pretty boat, Offshore is a well respected hull. If it’s the one I’m recalling, they really handle the seas like a bigger boat. Weren’t they made in Tampa/Clearwater?
not a high quality build by any means...bare bones fishing vessel...the ride quality and hull speed is second to none for the size...very capable vessel...built in pinellas county by a now defunct company...ive owned some real nice boats up to 30' with twin inboards...just so happens this little bugger is my favorite of all...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Still working and have been able to reload a few rounds in my time off! Woodsy, thanks for keeping everyone going! :thumsup

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
FWIW; went to Publix yesterday about 3PM
Not crowded lots of holes on shelves but we could not find 2 items out of 50 total.
A friend went to "seniors time" today and it was a ZOO.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I do IT at a military hospital and still working. I hate going through the clinics, so I try to use the back hallways when I can to avoid patients. I'd rather be going to the range or reloading or doing some woodworking, but we're considered "essential" and working pays the bills, so...

·
Registered
74 Posts
We do mail order 37mm stuff. Has been crazy. Surprise!!!

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
FWIW; went to local Costco approx 3 PM short line to get in/most items inn stock/TP,bleach,wipes out of stock.
LIquor store FULLY STOCKED!!!!!
Remember; to use vodka as sanitizer..does not need to be a good brand.:laughing

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
For me today is red dot evaluation day. My right eye is getting worse and the red dot is a big blob. It kind of looks like a pulsating planet Saturn on fire. A green laser works well on my PLR16. 25-30 rounds minute of pie plate at 25 to 50 yards. I’ve updated outside and inside cameras and am going to walk my beautiful wife out to the range and teach her to operate an AR.

Iron sights still work nicely too.

I have an FN SLP 9 rounder shottie I may bring out too, new, never fired. I’m searching for my shoulder pad thingie.

Additionally, I’m placing electronic hearing protection downstairs as well as upstairs. Nobody is getting my beans. I live a little bit in the country on a few acres, but have a lot of cars and stuff visible.

Be safe and vigilant, friends.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
For me today is red dot evaluation day. My right eye is getting worse and the red dot is a big blob. It kind of looks like a pulsating planet Saturn on fire. A green laser works well on my PLR16. 25-30 rounds minute of pie plate at 25 to 50 yards. I’ve updated outside and inside cameras and am going to walk my beautiful wife out to the range and teach her to operate an AR.

Iron sights still work nicely too.

I have an FN SLP 9 rounder shottie I may bring out too, new, never fired. I’m searching for my shoulder pad thingie.

Additionally, I’m placing electronic hearing protection downstairs as well as upstairs. Nobody is getting my beans. I live a little bit in the country on a few acres, but have a lot of cars and stuff visible.

Be safe and vigilant, friends.
That shottie is a great choice for home defense. I live in a town home so limit myself to #4 Buck to keep over penetration to a minimum (my weapon of choice being a Winchester Model 12). But if you have acreage, 00 should not be a problem, and it is an awesome round, especially if you have nine of them lined up like boxcars.

·
Registered
14,998 Posts
61 - 80 of 262 Posts