Florida Concealed Carry banner

181 - 200 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Glad Mrs. Pirate got to spend a week out with you. How did she like the OTR life? Anyway, thanks for doing what you do! :thumsup
She loved. Sadly she got to see the boring part of it.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Went to Walgreens and Winn Dixie today. Things were pretty well stocked at Winn Dixie, I got busted by the milk police at the register. I bought a buttermilk for cooking and two quarts of 2%. Little girl at register busted me “you got three milks, you can only get two” I tried to reason with her to no avail. Manager is close friend but I didn’t involve him.

Walgreens was fine, pharmacy staff all wearing gloves and then I saw this apparition waddling down the aisle breathing like Darth Vader. The guy was wearing a full face mask and double snorkel breathing apparatus. He looked like someone rescuing survivors from a sunken ship. I took the attached pic from behind just for posterity.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Went to Walgreens and Winn Dixie today. Things were pretty well stocked at Winn Dixie, I got busted by the milk police at the register. I bought a buttermilk for cooking and two quarts of 2%. Little girl at register busted me “you got three milks, you can only get two” I tried to reason with her to no avail. Manager is close friend but I didn’t involve him.

Walgreens was fine, pharmacy staff all wearing gloves and then I saw this apparition waddling down the aisle breathing like Darth Vader. The guy was wearing a full face mask and double snorkel breathing apparatus. He looked like someone rescuing survivors from a sunken ship. I took the attached pic from behind just for posterity.
Its a painter's mask. Had a few of them when I painted cars.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Its a painter's mask. Had a few of them when I painted cars.

It probably blocks droplets from getting out but I wonder about virus particles getting IN?????

·
Registered
4,660 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It probably blocks droplets from getting out but I wonder about virus particles getting IN?????
It’s a respirator. Most ( depending on the extreme environment rating it is for ) have exhaust ports, like many of these N95 mask you see, they ONLY filter incoming air Not outgoing. Therefore, it would not protect anyone but the wearer, which is what most 95-100 mask are made for. Kinda like surgical mask, they are to protect the patient NOT the doctor.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have got done EVERY possible thing on my to-do list ! Can't even make anything up. Getting some reading done, but have always been too busy to research and learn how to fully disassemble my Glock. Spent some time a few months ago with Shark1007 and while we were talking he started taking apart my Glock slide and cleaning all the internal parts. I was surprised how easy it was. So, during this down time I learned to completely take apart my gun, all 34 pieces. Takes less than 5 minutes to do this after you become really familiar with the components. Takes a bit longer to put back together. Also makes cleaning gun better, especially the frame to get into all the nooks and crannies. It's nice to know how every part works in my carry gun.

Thanks Shark for motivating me to do this.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Glocks have more than 5 pieces? Hmmmm, interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
PC power supply blew two months ago taking my main HDD with it with all images and 136K in MP3s.
Not a problem as all images from past two years are in Dropbox and older stuff is on Blu-ray.
Went by Chase bank yesterday and got my backups in the safe deposit box. Thankfully I have the highest speed Comcast you can get so the uploading process is going pretty fast.

I am rebuilding my data drive now on a SDD while re doing some older images such as this model - https://www.flickr.com/photos/lautermilch/albums/72157682850299936
She came from Ohio to try and make it in Miami Beach and when I contacted her for a rematch she said she already went back to Ohio.

·
Registered
773 Posts
PC power supply blew two months ago taking my main HDD with it with all images and 136K in MP3s.
Not a problem as all images from past two years are in Dropbox and older stuff is on Blu-ray.
Went by Chase bank yesterday and got my backups in the safe deposit box. Thankfully I have the highest speed Comcast you can get so the uploading process is going pretty fast.

I am rebuilding my data drive now on a SDD while re doing some older images such as this model - https://www.flickr.com/photos/lautermilch/albums/72157682850299936
She came from Ohio to try and make it in Miami Beach and when I contacted her for a rematch she said she already went back to Ohio.
Smart to have a backup- especially in safety deposit box ! Most people don't back up their computer. I've know more than a couple that had their hard drive die and they lost EVERYTHING on their computer; pictures, documents, work info, music etc. I have almost 20 years of stuff that I would not want to lose. I have a separate backup for both our computers and backup every 2 months. I replace the back up every 8 or so years. I keep the home backups in a small 2 x 2 safe. 5 or so years ago someone asked me a question; What if there was a flood or a hurricane, or a fire that took out your computers AND backups ?? A small safe only holds up so long in a fire or flood. SO I now have a safety deposit box with a dual backup of both our computers that I backup twice a year besides the ones in the safe. My wife has her own business and if she lost all the info it would be catastrophic for her. Backup your computers people!

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Smart to have a backup- especially in safety deposit box ! Most people don't back up their computer. I've know more than a couple that had their hard drive die and they lost EVERYTHING on their computer; pictures, documents, work info, music etc. I have almost 20 years of stuff that I would not want to lose. I have a separate backup for both our computers and backup every 2 months. I replace the back up every 8 or so years. I keep the home backups in a small 2 x 2 safe. 5 or so years ago someone asked me a question; What if there was a flood or a hurricane, or a fire that took out your computers AND backups ?? A small safe only holds up so long in a fire or flood. SO I now have a safety deposit box with a dual backup of both our computers that I backup twice a year besides the ones in the safe. My wife has her own business and if she lost all the info it would be catastrophic for her. Backup your computers people!
My very first IT job was with a hard drive company in Atlanta and I was tech support. Back then the drives would crash if a PC case was bumped. I had many clients call up screaming as all data had been lost.
So my back up method now is all current images and other stuff are on Dropbox folders and every six months or so I burn another complete backup set on Blue Ray. I hate the fact that the 100GB media is still very expensive so I am still using 25GB discs.

When my PC blew I went to the part store to get all I needed to build another but instead came back with a Dell Refurb and really like it. I moved my extra 24MB of RAM and it works very well and is a lot faster than my dead PC. I am now running on two SSD drives.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
My wife and I moved to St Augustine in February. With all this stay at home time, it gave me a chance to fix-up the garage. Here are some pics, I hope they come through okay through my phone.

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
My wife and I moved to St Augustine in February. With all this stay at home time, it gave me a chance to fix-up the garage. Here are some pics, I hope they come through okay through my phone.

That looks great. And you’re closer to your older daughter. Hope everything is going well.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
That looks great. And you’re closer to your older daughter. Hope everything is going well.
Thank you! And yes, we are closer to both daughters that are living in Orlando. All is going well, I hope you and the wife are healthy and safe.

·
Super Moderator
26,372 Posts
Wow XDMan! That's a great transformation and looks fantastic! I'm envious. Is that rubber matting on the floor? You did all that yourself? :bowdown

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I thought the first two pics you posted were the garage cleaned up. Then I scrolled down. Oh my....:laughing

181 - 200 of 272 Posts