·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I will not comply

Reactions: guitargain

·
Premium Member
6,739 Posts
You would think that after Russia invaded the Ukraine that the Washington "CULT" would have an idea of why we have the 2nd. amendment in our constitution that every one of those "CULT" members swore under oath the honor & protect.
Yes, That constitution.
It would have been more of a disaster had it not been for the Ukraine citizen did not have the guns that were issued to them. (((LATE BUT ISSUED))) Just supposed they all had guns at the start of the invasion??????
Our country is in very serious trouble with the Mister G. S. Billions pulling the strings.
Ronnie

·
Registered
18,697 Posts
No surprises there. They are desperate before the mid-terms.
The republicans killing it in the senate will fit right into the left blaming them for wanting more dead kids and the MsM media will blast it night and day for the new few months. The Dems evil plan is working as they planned. The next shooting/s will be our fault past elections.

·
Registered
18,697 Posts
Have never understood why panic buying happens.
The bill will never pass the senate.
It seems that some people need a steady diet of impending doom
Must go with the same diet of always being the abused under dog.
Yeah well for those of us who lived thru the 94 ban we all said same thing until…..

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Let the panic buying begin….
Guilty as charged.

Well, not exactly. I’ve always wanted one. Haven’t regularly been in a position to afford one. I won’t say I’m swimming in dough. But, finally in a state where I can begin building my collection of a few things I’ve wanted. This push in Washington was merely a push to get me in the game.

Upper arrived today. BCG and a few other items, including enough of the targeted, evil, devil’s work 30 rd mags to keep me busy for awhile, arrive Tuesday. My lower should be in my hands next Friday or shortly thereafter.

I was as good an excuse as any to get the wife to say yes. 🤣

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Well, to pass the Senate, it would need a cloture proof majority (60 votes). Apparently, they can't do this one via "reconcilliation" and use the nuclear option.

Here's hoping a little, at least.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Well, to pass the Senate, it would need a cloture proof majority (60 votes). Apparently, they can't do this one via "reconcilliation" and use the nuclear option.

Here's hoping a little, at least.
Also Congress is taking their midsummer break and won't be back for awhile, unless some further "rules changes" happen and they get forced back to work next week just to vote on this crap.

Bear in mind the House had to vote to change it's own procedures to ram this one down the pipe. It got hung up in committee and debate because the black caucus objected to all the police funding (as they should!) and the white Dems had to tweak the police BS a little to get the black Dems on board. So what happened is it actually wasn't going to come up to a vote today, but they changed their rules specifically to get a vote rammed through.

Because they fully well know that if any more time passed, the public would get distracted by something else.

That's how desperate these clowns are. They change their own rules at their convenience, usually when a gun bill comes to the floor. Economy bills? Oh who cares, let them linger...

That being said the Senate has a fair chance of stopping this in it's tracks. A supermajority is needed, and I think after the backlash after the Uvalde nonsense, a lot of GOP Senators are gonna think twice. The Uvalde bill, while nefarious, was only really for showboating and laden with industry jargon beyond the funding parts.

The word "ban" doesn't play well in even moderate GOP districts, and I don't see Manchin voting for this, as he's already on shaky ground for re-election.

However that being said we shouldn't have to be on life-and-death mode all the time. The idea of the Constitution and BoR was to lock things in as nigh-untouchable so Congress could concentrate on more day-to-day matters, like the economy.

Like, people are struggling financially and Congress is ****ing about with a ban that really only the Democratic base gets moist about?

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
The truly sad part is that Congress believes an assault ban will actually accomplish something positive and worthwhile.
It won't. (and it didn't the last time they tried it either.)

They should spend their time on fixing the economy.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
The truly sad part is that Congress believes an assault ban will actually accomplish something positive and worthwhile.
It won't. (and it didn't the last time they tried it either.)

They should spend their time on fixing the economy.
I believe they think it will accomplish something... just not what we think "they think" it will accomplish.

These people aren't stupid. They are experts at "gaslighting." And they think there are enough "sheeples" in our country gullible enough to believe them, so they keep trying.

They want the "sheeples" to believe that they're doing all of this to reduce "gun violence" and crime, etc. I think they're sufficiently intelligent to realize that it will have no effect on reducing crime and violence, whether committed with a gun or not. What they really want is, simply, to disarm law abiding citizens so that they can continue to control them and stay in power. Remember, don't think Uvalde or Las Vegas or Sandy Hook. Think "Ruby Ridge..." Think the "Bundy Ranch." (I know.. I know... "preaching to the choir" here, but...)

I think the best thing we can do for our children is to educate them to think for themselves... to analyze... to develop a superior :poop: meter. And never just to believe what they are told... even what we tell them. Have them vet it for themselves. Does it make sense to them, after some analysis? That's what really matters.

And, yes, fix the economy, stupid!

·
Premium Member
6,739 Posts
Yes, It will accomplish something.
IT WILL MAKE AMERICA A LOT MORE DEFENCELESS FROM ANY GROUP OF INVADING COUNTRIES.
Our Military is not the strong Military of the past. ( sorry to say but true)
Even the Jar Head Marine drill sergeants now have their balls cut off and can not holler at the troops the way they once did.
You want to opt out of the Military, No Problem, Quit and get a discharge under honorable conditions. ((( WHAT THE HELL IS THAT???))) Oh, A slap ion the face to any person with a true """HONORABLE DISCHARGE""".
GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRR
They sure are having a hard time of recruiting our young people to be in any branch of our military.
I will love, respect and honor any Military active or any with a true HONORABLE DISCHARGE.
Any one with a discharge under honorable conditions can just K.M.A. and move to China or Canada as far as I'm concerned.
Ronnie

1 - 20 of 26 Posts