Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife would in no way open the door before I gave the go-ahead. Whether it was late or not. Just glad BG got his and not the guy's gf. Thoughts?

Bradenton man shoots intruder, frees girlfriend

Halle Stockton

Published: Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 1:42 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 7:30 p.m.
MANATEE COUNTY – A Bradenton man reportedly shot an intruder who was holding a gun to his girlfriend’s head just before 2 a.m. Thursday in their south Manatee home, the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office said.

A 52-year-old male resident retrieved his handgun after someone knocked at the door, but his girlfriend opened it before he returned, according to a report.

The resident said a man forced his way into the home in the 6500 block of Wellesley Drive and pressed a gun against his 47-year-old girlfriend’s head.

The woman told authorities two men pushed through the door, and one of the men held the gun to her head.

The resident then shot at the men, striking one, and the intruders fled, according to a report.

Sarasota authorities later notified Manatee deputies of a gunshot victim in the hospital. Deputies have not determined if the man, who had a small-caliber wound to his hand, is a suspect in the home invasion.

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Glad that everything turned out OK for the good guys, but a shot to the hand? I don't think he'll be getting a job with the Hostage Rescue Team anytime soon. :laughing

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Glad that everything turned out OK for the good guys, but a shot to the hand? I don't think he'll be getting a job with the Hostage Rescue Team anytime soon. :laughing
I was thinking the same thing. Practice makes perfect :D

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Naaa he was just knocking the gun out of the BGs hand and missed a little!

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I always wonder what's the best way to react to BG's in my home and the only thing I can come up with is extreme violence right back at them. Hopefully this will put them back on their heels and me and my family will win the day. :ak Home invasion type robberies just piss me off in the worst way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The HITS just keep on coming!!!

Schools locked down after home invasion

By Anthony Cormier

Sarasota County-Today

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20081219/BREAKING/812190261&SearchID=73339571499562

Published: Friday, December 19, 2008 at 4:30 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, December 19, 2008 at 4:30 p.m.
SARASOTA COUNTY — Three schools were locked down as deputies hunted two men who robbed a homeowner on Friday morning.

The gunmen stormed a house in the 2400 block of Booker Avenue at 10:15 a.m. and demanded cash. Authorities used K-9 units and a helicopter to track the men, but they were not found.

Booker elementary, middle and high schools were all locked down for about 30 minutes. No one in the neighborhood near the robbery was injured.

Detectives did not release the identities of the suspects.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife would in no way open the door before I gave the go-ahead. Whether it was late or not. Just glad BG got his and not the guy's gf. Thoughts?

Bradenton man shoots intruder, frees girlfriend

Halle Stockton

Published: Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 1:42 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 7:30 p.m.
MANATEE COUNTY – A Bradenton man reportedly shot an intruder who was holding a gun to his girlfriend’s head just before 2 a.m. Thursday in their south Manatee home, the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office said.

A 52-year-old male resident retrieved his handgun after someone knocked at the door, but his girlfriend opened it before he returned, according to a report.

The resident said a man forced his way into the home in the 6500 block of Wellesley Drive and pressed a gun against his 47-year-old girlfriend’s head.

The woman told authorities two men pushed through the door, and one of the men held the gun to her head.

The resident then shot at the men, striking one, and the intruders fled, according to a report.

Sarasota authorities later notified Manatee deputies of a gunshot victim in the hospital. Deputies have not determined if the man, who had a small-caliber wound to his hand, is a suspect in the home invasion.
If he shot *at* two BGs & maybe hit one in the hand, he probably doesn't have a GF anymore. However, if he shot the gun out of the BG's hand who was holding her hostage - he's gonna' have BJ & Steak Fridays for the rest of his natural life the lucky dog! ::D :drinks

Bmup

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Practice makes perfect :D
Perfect practice makes perfect. Imperfect practice makes us more proficiently sloppy. :)

- Str8Shooter

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well... I'm far from perfect and my technique needs significant improvement. Heck, I might've shot the guy in the foot for all I know. :)

- Str8Shooter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts