Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you won’t believe it but I did buy another 1911. In a fit of boredom during the rain I went out to the gun room and started going through leather holsters. I found they can be rehabbed in the following way.

Galco makes a decent leather cleaner/treatment. No serious gun person should ever be without renaissance wax. Depending on the matter which the holster has held up and kept it’s shape, I use one of the methods below:

I worked on a number of D M Bullard , Milt Sparks, Galco horsehide Kramer, etc.

Many of my holsters are unlined. If the leather looked all rough and scraped by sights, I would pour a big glob of the leather cleaner inside and thoroughly brush it in with the toothbrush. Then I would dry it with a hairdryer. For the outside of the holster and to give it a little waterproofing I would use the toothbrush and brush it very well with renaissance wax. I would then heat it which would seemingly help it absorb and then buff it to a high luster.

On a couple it seemed appropriate to use the renaissance wax inside the holster as well as outside. The results were impressive. For toothbrushes, some years ago I found a box of 500 on Amazon for cheap. I think they were made for motels and they are individually wrapped in cellophane. They make very nice disposable gun cleaning brushes.

·
Super Moderator
27,175 Posts
Great post.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Great tip, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts