Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any body recommend a good stiff belt for carrying a holster? Where'd you get it and how much (if you don't mind) did you spend?

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Probably one of the most popular gun belts these days are made by The Beltman. Jim, the owner runs a small shop and everything is made to order. The double thick bullhide with internal plastic stiffener can hold up anything you will ever want to holster, not to mention magazine holders and/or anything else. For $10.00 more you can get horsehide that is even more rigid, if that is even possible. It used to be about a 2-3 week wait when i ordered mine, but now i hear it might be 3-4, as he is always busy.

You can call Jim and he will take the time to answer any questions you have and assist you making sure you select the correct size. By the way, sizing is crucial and his directions must be followed. Here is his link.

http://www.thebeltman.net/

·
Registered
578 Posts
Beltman fan my self.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Another vote for the beltman!

Brian

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looper Law Enforcement $39.99

http://www.looperlawenforcement.com/looper-reinforced-holster-belt.html

Looper's reinforced holster belt. Our holster belt is made of full grain leather outer, full grain leather liner and has a kydex inner liner that allows the belt to be flexible enough to be comfortable, but rigid enough to support the weight of a holster and any other accessories that are needed by the law enforcement professional or anyone with a concealed carry permit.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered 2 belts. One from 5.11 tactical (black basket weave). It came in today. The other belt I ordered from station house leathers and gear (chestnut ranger). It came in yesterday so I was able to wear it today. Man what a difference. Both are 1.5 inches wide and seem like they make me stand up straigher and what a difference they make in carrying the weight of my gun & IWB holster. Good leather does make a difference. :thumsup

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Most of the time I wear one of my Wilderness belts. I know they scream gun but its never seen with an untucked shirt. One of these days I'll spring for a nice leather one by Beltman.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've been looking at these prices for a while........

This, that, and the other thing. So I went shopping. My holster requires a 1 and 1/2 inch belt.

I went to my local leather dealer, (Horses and Cowboys and Cattle), and found a wonderful belt to fit my needs. A black leather, (cowhide), at 1 and 5/8 fit my holster perfectly. 3/16 of an inch thick. (And fits my DeSantis mag holder. The support, retention, and comfort are all here.)

Full Price: $18.95

-Wraith

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just started using a Crossbreed gun belt with my SuperTuck holster. I cannot believe the difference it makes.

The belt is stiff and doesn't stretch. It holds the gun (SA XD 9mm service) up close and tight and makes for a very smooth and fast draw.

I was skeptical but now I'm a firm believer in a quality gun belt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts