Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Being the legal/history-type geek that I am, I though some of the rest of ya'll might find this interesting.

Below is a link to a Comment written for the Florida State University Law Review when the provisions of FSS 790.06 allowing licensed concealed weapons carry and 790.053 prohibiting open weapons carry was signed into law in 1987 (790.053 was written in a special session AFTER 790.06 was signed).

The comment covers how 790.06 as we now know it (The Jack Hagler Self Defense Act) came to be, and a little history of the RKBA in the state of Florida.

Having been issued a county carry permit in 1982, and a state CWFL since they came to be, I found the comment to be quite revealing.

Those who are not used to reading legalese-type docs may find it a little dry, but there is a LOT of good information here.

Hope ya'll find it useful.

History of FSS 790

ETA: GOOOOOOOO GATORZ!!!!!

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
That "Closing the Loophole" part (allowing open carry) really sucked. :thumbsdwn Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :D

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That "Closing the Loophole" part (allowing open carry) really sucked. :thumbsdwn Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :D
Yeah it did suck. So did county permits only being valid inside your own county.

Overall, I think we're much better off. Just have to get 790.053 repealed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts