Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
I thought I was the only one that pulled out a pocket knife at a steak house!
Nope again. And the wife absolutely hates it. Thinks it鈥檚 one of the most hillbilly things I do. (At least I wait until the parking lot to use it to pick my teeth ;))

My dad on the other hand almost rolled out of his chair with laughter when I did it at a fairly fru-fru steakhouse he took us to. (Their knives were shockingly dull for a fru-fru steakhouse IMHO)

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #23
I thought I was the only one that pulled out a pocket knife at a steak house!
I used to not care but once I learned to properly sharpen a knife, I can not stand to use a dull knife.

Reactions: brownie

Registered
Nope again. And the wife absolutely hates it. Thinks it鈥檚 one of the most hillbilly things I do. (At least I wait until the parking lot to use it to pick my teeth ;))

My dad on the other hand almost rolled out of his chair with laughter when I did it at a fairly fru-fru steakhouse he took us to. (Their knives were shockingly dull for a fru-fru steakhouse IMHO)
I suppose that a "fru-fru" steak house does not really need sharp knives!

Reactions: RadTek

Registered
If it's a knife, it should be sharp, unless it's a butter knife.
^^^^^This.
I agree with you fish. I鈥檓 a ribeye guy. IMHO, an excellent ribeye can almost be cut with a fork.

That said, if you鈥檙e gonna hand me a knife, it best be a knife. Even cutting into a buttery tender hunk o meat, I鈥檇 rather not have to work at it. ;)

Premium Member
I鈥檝e been wanting this pocket knife for a while and since they鈥檙e not expensive, I pulled the trigger. It鈥檚 a personal Japanese pocket knife called a Higo no Kami.

The steel is Worikomi steel which from what I can tell is more about the process than a specific type of steel. Maybe Greg Covington can tell us more. Basically the split a soft steel and insert a hard steel core. Brass handle. This one is a 3-inch blade and the handle is 4-inches.

It was scary sharp out of the box. Nice utility knife. I can鈥檛 wait to embarrass my wife by pulling this out at a steak restaurant instead of the dull knives they usually have.

Thanks for the pic's and information .. I did find on Amazon , my next knife ! Excellent find and the price is right for sure. It has it's purpose also ;)馃憤

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the pic's and information .. I did find on Amazon , my next knife ! Excellent find and the price is right for sure. It has it's purpose also ;)
It came sharp out of the box. Nice simple knife.

Registered
You convinced me. I got one too.

Premium Member
It came sharp out of the box. Nice simple knife.
Thanks again , and by the looks of things, maybe you should get a commission . Just kidding of course .. It looks like it could actually shave you , but i'll have to pass as i'm on thinners . It's ok , another knife can never hurt ! ;) 馃憤 p.s - I'm already thinking about a fail safe of some type [ lol ]

21 - 32 of 32 Posts