Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
57,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got one on each motor, several set up around the house, one in the garage and one in each cage. When I worked in uniform I always had a handheld on me and the huge maglite in the cruiser [ which could be remembered or forgotten ] when alighting same.

Never really got into carrying a flashlight other than the above situation/s. Most of time, I was out late working the streets, never thought to take a flashlight and never actually needed one [ where I thought gee, I wish I had a light right now ]

Do you carry a HI handheld on your person every day?

· Registered
16,548 Posts
Is there a definition for HI?

I carry a small flashlight in my pocket as part of my EDC. Comes in handy quite often.
This one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003GXF9MW/

It puts out 275 lumen with a single CR123 Lithium battery.

I have other more powerful LED lights at home that are mostly used for walking the dog at night. One is a Fenix, which I like a lot. Puts out 1500 lumen, I think.

· Registered
57,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I carry a small flashlight in my pocket as part of my EDC. Comes in handy quite often.

I have other more powerful LED lights at home that are mostly used for walking the dog at night. One is a Fenix, which I like a lot. Puts out 1500 lumen, I think.
300-1000 lumens using led bulbs usually. Will your flashlight blind someone at noon? That's HI. ;)

· Registered
5,157 Posts
I've lost track of how many flashlights I have. I keep rechargeable lights (USB) by each of my doors to the house in a dedicated wall mount with a charging cord running to an outlet. I believe those are 600 lumens, maybe 400. I keep a couple in my desk draw and one in the nightstand, those are 300 lumen lights that run on 4 AAs that go into a kind of cage that's close to the size of a D cell.
In the truck I keep a bigger version, 1000 lumens, that runs on 6 AAs in the door pocket, and two of the 600 lumen USB rechargeables in the center console.
All the USB lights have a high and low mode, low is 80 lumens, high is 600. On high it's supposed to give two continuous hours, though I've never checked it. I have used it close to an hour and didn't notice any dimming, that's good enough for my uses.
I keep smaller pen-light style LED lights in all my tool boxes and range bag, they all run on 2 AAs and I have no idea how many lumens they are but they're bright enough for what I use them for.

Reactions: brownie

· Registered
349 Posts
I have a couple of Coast headlights. They are used mostly for working around the house and during power outages. Also have a few handhelds I don't know much about. Are they bright enough to blind someone? The wife says yes. I have accidently shined them on her before.

· Registered
2,119 Posts
I carry a Surefire Titan + in my pocket all the time. Not tactical, only 300 lumens, but quite handy.

· Registered
9,536 Posts
I have three Fenix hand held flashlights a 1000 , 3000 and a 3100 lumens the more powerful two will leave you seeing the blue dot for 10 minutes if you shine it in someones eyes or it bounces of a window you are looking out of .The most powerful one is mounted on my home defence AR with a red dot zeroed at 50 yards.

· Registered
5,232 Posts
Advertised lumens and actual lumens seems to vary greatly from advertiser to advertiser.
I like owners reports better.

· Registered
5,232 Posts
To answer the question. I do not regularly carry any flashlight.
But would like a Carbon Arc Searchlight for on coming traffic.

• Haha
Reactions: CLos and inthewoods

· Registered
200 Posts
I've got one on each motor, several set up around the house, one in the garage and one in each cage. When I worked in uniform I always had a handheld on me and the huge maglite in the cruiser [ which could be remembered or forgotten ] when alighting same.

Never really got into carrying a flashlight other than the above situation/s. Most of time, I was out late working the streets, never thought to take a flashlight and never actually needed one [ where I thought gee, I wish I had a light right now ]

Do you carry a HI handheld on your person every day?
I do not have one on my handgun.

I have a Maglite Heavy-Duty Incandescent 4 at home that i have in my left hand when I hear something that I can not identify. I keep the 3 size in my ready bag in the car.

· Administrator
32,659 Posts

Yes, my EDC light on my waist daily is a FENIX PD35 TAC, along with my pocket carried broken blades (utility and SD folders), regardless of whether I'm on the DoD installation (that prohibits me from carrying my EDC firearm and fixed blade). It's used frequently when a little or a lot of HI illumination is required. 🤠

· Registered
1,713 Posts
I own two of these, and have one on me at all times. It's a clip-on kubaton that is also blinding at distance. What's not to like? Besides, I live in the country and have outdoor things to after dark. They get used multiple times daily:

· Registered
7,741 Posts

· Registered
57,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I own two of these, and have one on me at all times. It's a clip-on kubaton that is also blinding at distance. What's not to like? Besides, I live in the country and have outdoor things to after dark. They get used multiple times daily:

I carry an e35eu fenix on the RT/RS motors

· Registered
21,713 Posts
I have a few scattered around that can light the woods at the end of my street 50 yards away when focused tight...I don't carry any regularly but when I feel it would be beneficial...in a potential situation I keep it on strobe for the confusing disorienting effect it has...nothing says gtfo like a seizure....

· Administrator
32,659 Posts
I have a few scattered around that can light the woods at the end of my street 50 yards away when focused tight...I don't carry any regularly but when I feel it would be beneficial...in a potential situation I keep it on strobe for the confusing disorienting effect it has...nothing says gtfo like a seizure....
🤣 (y)(y)

· Super Moderator
6,184 Posts

This is exactly what I also own. I have one in the car, one in my office, and one on my nightstand. I travel to my daughter's home quite often and the car flashlight comes in handy when I'm getting my things in order in the car before I drive home at night.

I'm surprised at how often I use the office flashlight as well.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts