Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!

After some time in The Great White North, we're moving back to The States--where it's warm, with a gulf or ocean view and CCW. We're checking out beach-condos in Florida and South Carolina.

After our two-day drive, we'll be in the Sarasota area for a week, followed by a few days in South Carolina.

Gulf? Ocean? Wife and I don't know yet.

Funny. Florida and South Carolina are two of the few places where I can't carry.

If it's OK with you, I have a few questions:

It is legal to carry a standard size Spydeco in a pocket with the clip showing in Florida?

I know that I can keep my handgun loaded in the glovebox or console of our car. And I know that I can keep my handgun loaded in the hotel room. Does this extend to concealed holstering in a private lanai? Private dock? or, is it legal only within the hotel room/suite?

Also, which range/retail gun store(s) should I visit in the Bradenton/Sarasota area?

One more thing. Is there any truth to something I heard yesterday--that Florida is considering removing the "resident" only clause from its CC law?

Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Welcome to the forum V65Magnafan :thumsup. I hope you settle in Florida.

It is legal to carry a standard size Spydeco in a pocket with the clip showing in Florida?
I don't think you should have a problem with this. Most people won't notice or even know what it is. As for the legality of it I'll check further.

Does this extend to concealed holstering in a private lanai? Private dock?
The word private is important here. As long as it's private to you only and not other guests.

·
Registered
974 Posts
One more thing. Is there any truth to something I heard yesterday--that Florida is considering removing the "resident" only clause from its CC law?

Thanks for any help.
Welcome to the group.

I am not sure what resident clause you are talking about. I believe if you are a legal resident of the US you can apply.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Welcome!
How long is the blade on the Spyderco? The last time I talked to a LEO friend (a while ago) it was supposed to be legal at 3in or shorter w/o a ccw.

As for Gulf or Atlantic. Gulf, but I'm biased since since I grew up near it:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts