Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!.........New member here, I have just applied for my CWP and am awaiting it. I also just purchased my first Glock. I was fortunate enough to get it thru the Homeland Security discount as I am a Firefighter in Palm Beach County.

In the meantime, I am enjpying reading all of the comments, suggestions, ideas on this website.

·
Administrator
806 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike. Your on the right track by applying for your CWL. We look forward to learning from you as you from us. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Welcome Mike, glad you found us.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Welcome Mike. Tell us a little about this homeland security discount.:drinks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome Mike. Thank you for your service to our community. I wish there was a veteran's discount. :dancingbanana

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Homeland Security discount

Well, my understanding is that anyone involved in Homeland Security, i.e., LE, Firefighters, EMT's, Public Safety, can qualify to purchase Glock guns at LE prices. I bought my Glock 22 for $398.20. It came with 3 mags which is one more than standard issue.

I called Glock and spoke to one of their rep's and she told me that I could order it directly from Glock at that price and have it transferred to a FFL dealer and then get it from them or I could go to one of their authorized LE distributors of which I did. I went to theIPS911 store in Hollywood, FL. I had to show my Fire Dept. ID. I had to wait the 5 days since I have not recieved my CWL yet.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Mike,

Thanks. I went to another forum and found some info. Look it over and see if it is the same as you have or heard. I posted it as another string.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts