Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I’m a 34 year old guy living In Zephyrhills. Applied last week for my CWP. Had one years ago in my early 20’s and let it expire probably 10 years ago due to very rarely carrying. I was taking college classes at the time and rarely did I leave home that I wouldn’t be on campus at some point, so couldn’t carry much. Lifetime gun owner, hunter, shooter and at one point NRA certified instructor and RSO for the Boy Scouts. Saw a few pistols on sale Black Friday I just couldn’t say no to, that are well suited for carrying, so bought them and applied for my license. Now my wife and a couple of her friends want to get on the bandwagon!

Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long for it to come in!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Welcome aboard from Cape Coral. If you haven't already found it, the book 'Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership' by Jon Gutmacher is a great resource in rephrasing our state's firearms laws into plain understandable English. Well worth the price.

·
Super Moderator
26,595 Posts
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Woodsy! :wave

Hopefully your FCWFL is issued quickly, too. There is a thread for FCWFL issue timelines here. Please keep us informed on how it goes.

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Welcome aboard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts