Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I've been lurking here for a couple of months now, and figured I may as well go ahead and register.

I'm a 21 year old female, newbie to guns. Not from lack of trying, but my parents were never impressed with the idea of having a gun in the house, despite being military. So hubby and I are signed up to take a CCW course at the gun show coming to town next week, then we are going to get with a local instructor to continue showing us the ropes. Never can have too much training, especially for something this important. Don't have a gun yet; we want to try several before we decide on two. Hopefully everything will go well.

Thank you to everyone who posts here, this and other gun forums have been so incredibly helpful during our research. And yes, we've ordered the Florida Firearms book, just waiting for it to be shipped. :D

And :drinks to all the other Tallahassee people I've seen around here!

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Hey Falconfree welcome to the forum. Kudos to you and your husband for actively taking the steps for self protection. Good luck with your training and whatever guns you end up getting.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Falconfree welcome to the forum. I'd recommend going to a range and trying out several different pistols or revolvers. That way, you can make an informed decision or do further research.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Welcome

Hello all! I've been lurking here for a couple of months now, and figured I may as well go ahead and register.

I'm a 21 year old female, newbie to guns. Not from lack of trying, but my parents were never impressed with the idea of having a gun in the house, despite being military. So hubby and I are signed up to take a CCW course at the gun show coming to town next week, then we are going to get with a local instructor to continue showing us the ropes. Never can have too much training, especially for something this important. Don't have a gun yet; we want to try several before we decide on two. Hopefully everything will go well.

Thank you to everyone who posts here, this and other gun forums have been so incredibly helpful during our research. And yes, we've ordered the Florida Firearms book, just waiting for it to be shipped. :D

And :drinks to all the other Tallahassee people I've seen around here!
Welcome to the Forum Looks like you and hubby off to a very good start,seems like you have done some research look forward to reading more of your posts Glad to have you and your hubby Aboard :drinks

·
213 Posts
Falconfree,

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find lots of discussion on various weapons here. On my dime, you can't go wrong with a Sig P239 in .40.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts