Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I found the forum while researching ccw in Florida.

I live in Pensacola, originally from the Chicago area and moved down to Florida in 2002, I spent much of my later childhood in Fort Walton Beach and later Navarre before settling in Pensacola.

My dad was a gun enthusiast when we lived in the suburbs up north, I think we were the only family with a ethnic Jewish dad who was into gun ownership.

My wife is from South America and I introduced her to guns and she regularly shoots with me as well.

Ive been shooting actively since 2005 and hopefully can pass this down to my son as well.

Thank you for having me.

Super Moderator
Welcome again to FCC from Palm Beach County, Cerebellum! 馃嵒

I'm not too savvy on the nuances of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) background check the Florida Department of Agriculture and Customer Service (DOACS) does when processing applications for the Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearms License (FCWFL) a.k.a. Florida "concealed carry permit," which I think is different than the Federal NICS check for firearms purchases. I think I remember some that had no problem being able to purchase firearms getting hung up on the FDLE check when DOACS processed their application and had to provide more information before their FCWFL was successfully processed. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge or better memory than me will be along to answer your questions in your other thread located here. I try to do a little research and provide better input but you may need the services of a good attorney with intimate knowledge of Florida Firearms law. Good luck!

Reactions: Cerebellum

Registered
Welcome from Tampa Bay! I lived in the Chicago area for 10 years, having gone to college there and working in the area afterwards.

Whereabouts, if I may ask, in the Chicago area? I lived in both the Roger's Park section of Chicago itself, as well as the Villlage of Schaumburg for 3 years. after school.

Registered
Welcome from Pensacola!

Registered
Welcome from Jacksonville

Registered
Welcome from Tallahassee.

Registered
Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from Tampa Bay! I lived in the Chicago area for 10 years, having gone to college there and working in the area afterwards.

Whereabouts, if I may ask, in the Chicago area? I lived in both the Roger's Park section of Chicago itself, as well as the Villlage of Schaumburg for 3 years. after school.
I was born in Arlington Heights and grew up in Wheeling. My dad was from the city and grew up around peterson park, family had ties to N Lawndale. I am familiar with West Rogers Park, large Jewish and South Asian population there. I left when I was 16.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome again to FCC from Palm Beach County, Cerebellum! 馃嵒

I'm not too savvy on the nuances of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) background check the Florida Department of Agriculture and Customer Service (DOACS) does when processing applications for the Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearms License (FCWFL) a.k.a. Florida "concealed carry permit," which I think is different than the Federal NICS check for firearms purchases. I think I remember some that had no problem being able to purchase firearms getting hung up on the FDLE check when DOACS processed their application and had to provide more information before their FCWFL was successfully processed. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge or better memory than me will be along to answer your questions in your other thread located here. I try to do a little research and provide better input but you may need the services of a good attorney with intimate knowledge of Florida Firearms law. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply, for a long time I faced numerous issues with how to answer the questions just purchasing a firearm and of course the concerns to make sure I was not committing perjury or making a false statement.

I think due to the timeframe from 2009, the criteria was different and I was surprised that much of the law enforcement was not up to date on of the firearms could be released. I provided them information on a note from the AG at the time showing the firearms to be personal property that had to be returned which they did. My cousin is a deputy sheriff but for privacy reasons cannot name him. Both him and his wife who was also law enforcement/dispath at the time were familiar and aware of the situation, I consulted with him which he stated in his opinion I was not a prohibited person. I believe NICS in Florida is processed through FDLE in Florida so I am assuming that any issues would have shown up during my background checks from the 4473s back in 2011, 2012, and 2020? and 2022? which were all done around the areas I lived. Ive been told by a lawyer to leave it be, I underwent a TS/SCI clearance for a federal gov job offer at the time (did not get it) but they were certainly aware of the incident and I suppose if it was that much of an issue, they would have referred it if I was a prohibited person. I have had no issues since 2009, working a good job, own a house, married with a kid but it of course is still a fear in the back of my mind.

I own 5 firearms and to be able to have a CCW permit is something I would like to have for protection.

Registered
I was born in Arlington Heights and grew up in Wheeling. My dad was from the city and grew up around peterson park, family had ties to N Lawndale. I am familiar with West Rogers Park, large Jewish and South Asian population there. I left when I was 16.
Ah, near "Bosworth," right? I was East Rogers Park, very much near the Loyola "El" stop. You could see it from my window.

Registered
Hi, I found the forum while researching ccw in Florida.

I live in Pensacola, originally from the Chicago area and moved down to Florida in 2002, I spent much of my later childhood in Fort Walton Beach and later Navarre before settling in Pensacola.

My dad was a gun enthusiast when we lived in the suburbs up north, I think we were the only family with a ethnic Jewish dad who was into gun ownership.

My wife is from South America and I introduced her to guns and she regularly shoots with me as well.

Ive been shooting actively since 2005 and hopefully can pass this down to my son as well.

Thank you for having me.
Welcome from Nature's Coast Fl . You sound like a perfect fit on here ! 'G'

Reactions: BeerHunter

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad to be here, I do miss some things about Illinois but certainly not the politics and gun laws. Florida has been my home now longer than Illinois. I do visit if I miss the pizza or italian beef or want to see some architecture but living there, nah.

Pensacola has a lot of nice history, technically the oldest city in Florida even moreso than St Augustine, the only reason we lost the title is the Spaniards fled after a hurricane destroyed everything. Tons of Spanish, British history and even Confederate history when the North launched attacks from Pensacola and Navarre Beach from Fort Pickens and the old lighthouse is still over at the naval air station. Our downtown is very well preserved too, culture here is more southern and we have some decent size bluffs and even farms going north.

Registered
Welcome to the best Florida-based gun forum on the web!

Registered
Welcome from St. Augustine. I missed Connecticut a little the first few months but when it was cold and snowy that first winter while I was In 60 degrees those feelings left me real quick. Oh and I was able to purchase items here I couldn鈥檛 in CT.

Registered
Welcome from St. Augustine. I missed Connecticut a little the first few months but when it was cold and snowy that first winter while I was In 60 degrees those feelings left me real quick. Oh and I was able to purchase items here I couldn鈥檛 in CT.

We Honeymooned in St Augustine May '68 . Beautiful.

Ditto Buying when I left the PRNJ in '88 . I had My Very First CWP Early '89 ! LOVE IT HERE (y) (y) 馃嵑馃嵑馃嵑馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥
I Also Got my C&R Federal License Permit , And My Collection Slowly 'GREW' (y)(y);)馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥.. 'G'

1 - 20 of 23 Posts