Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,

Will be applying for my license soon, have to take the class first is what I am told.

Had been legal to carry in PA but in 2004 when I moved here there was no reciprocity so I did not renew :doh

Thanks for having me :drinks

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Welcome mumbo719. Think about it this way. At least you will have your permit for 7 years instead of 5. I would also hurry up and take the class as soon as possible. With the publicity of the Heller decision and the "guns to work law" I feel that a lot more people will be appyling for their permit and this might make the wait time longer.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm scheduled for July 19th so lets hope they are not too backed up.

Regards,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since you are in Pasco, no electronic prints for you!!..... unless you go to Hernando County Sheriffs Office, or you can try Hillsbough Police Station. Pinellas doesn't do non-resident electronic prints.

It's worth the effort though, my wife had her prints taken at Hernando County and got her license in 44 days.

Good luck !

srg

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since you are in Pasco, no electronic prints for you!!..... unless you go to Hernando County Sheriffs Office, or you can try Hillsbough Police Station. Pinellas doesn't do non-resident electronic prints.

It's worth the effort though, my wife had her prints taken at Hernando County and got her license in 44 days.

Good luck !

srg
Thanks for the info, I was gonna try Hillsborough but Hernando may be easier to get to.

Regards.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Welcome:drinks

·
Registered
64 Posts
HELLO! not sure how close you are to the border of hernando and pasco but theres a shop at the corner of u.s 19 and county line called Action Arms. $50.00 for the CCW class and they are hands on with their students. Hernando Sheriffs Office has CCW packets at the front desk be sure to pay only the difference of the $117 (think thats the same price still) to the Dept of Agriculture about $77 since prints are $40 for electric or ink get electric and if you have any scars or marks on your fingers make sure they attach a note stating this on the print card. :drinks

·
Registered
18 Posts
welcome, glad your here:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the link to Hernando Sheriff. It's an easy drive up the Veterans from Land O Lakes.

Didn't know about Action Arms, I already enrolled at Shooting Sports for $50.00.

Thank you for the info and help.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Welcome Mumbo. You might want to check around regarding the electronic prints. I did the paper card and ink route and it only took 45 days total to get my permit back.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Greetings everyone,

Will be applying for my license soon, have to take the class first is what I am told.

Had been legal to carry in PA but in 2004 when I moved here there was no reciprocity so I did not renew :doh

Thanks for having me :drinks
Mumbo,

If you have a DD-214 it is not necessary to take the class. All you need to do in that case is to get photos, prints, fill out the form and mail it in along with a copy of your DD-214.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts