Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! New to the forum and to concealed carry. My application is sitting in Tallahassee right now, and hopefully I'll be legal by the time our next President takes the oath of office.

I moved to FL from West Virginia, where open carry is permitted. I rarely carried before the move here. I just remarried and my wife had her CWL. She used to carry frequently but had gotten away from the habit. Now we're both planning to carry again as soon as I get my license.

I applied for my CWL because I wanted to carry on my person, everyday. I know I could transport securely encased in the car, but this world is getting to the point that's not good enough. I am worried about the outcome of today's election and the possible impact of attempts to ban concealed carry or restrict the type of ammo or firearms we can carry or keep in our homes for defense. As an NRA member and soon-to-be CWL holder, I want my name on record as supporting the 2nd Amendment Right for law-abiding citizens to protect ourselves and our families.

Provided I have my license by then, I plan a nacho run on January 20th REGARDLESS of the outcome of this election. If anyone would like to join in a silent "Nachos for Self-Defense" rally, it might be fun to declare a day when we all went (individually) to Wally World to buy nachos. No comment. No large groups. No media announcement. No protest. Just a BIG OL' spike in Nacho sales as our exclamation point.

Look for me at Wally World on January 20th. I won't stand out. You won't recognize me. But I'll be there, eating my nachos. I hope you'll take a day and enjoy your Constitutional right to carry and eat your nachos too.

- Str8Shooter

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Welcome Str8tShooter. There is no time like the present to get your CWL. Our future is uncertain in many ways and self protection is going to become more and more important. When you and your wife go out she can truly have your back until you get your license. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Wlcome Aboard

Welcome to the Forum and you definately got the paperwork over there at a good time, With all this stuff happening lately here in Orlando you definately want to be prepared.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Str8Shooter, welcome to our pack. We'll be waiting to hear when you get your license. :thumsup

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Hello neighbor,

Welcome to the site. You will feel very at home here among like-minded friends.

MamaBear

·
Registered
578 Posts
Welcome:drinks

·
Registered
38 Posts
STR8SHOOTER

FL and WV recognize each other's CCW permits. If you have a WV permit you can carry here. I spend 4 mo. each year in WV and this is very handy for me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Open Carry in WV

I don't have a WV license, unfortunately. In WV, the few times I needed to carry I just hung it out on my hip and went. Open carry is permissible there. So long as it was visible to the casual observer, I was legal. The few times I carried there were situations when concealment did not matter.

I plan to carry here every day, once I get my license. Since Florida doesn't permit open carry, I'll just sit tight and wait for my card.

- Str8Shooter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts