Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here from time to time after coming back to my home state several years ago. I'm dating myself but, I recall open-carrying a Colt Woodsman at age 16 when fishing, etc.

Anyway, I look forward to enjoying the forum and picking up new information from time to time.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Super Moderator
26,595 Posts
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Tom IDC!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville

·
Registered
773 Posts
Welcome from Orlando :clap

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Welcome to the best gun forum on the internet. Hopefully, you'll get to meet some of us in person (we're all over the state). Great group of people here with lots of knowledge to share.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Welcome aboard from Cape Coral.... ( good suggestions from BeerHunter above )

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome. I also remember when things were a lot different. I was 15 and took my 22 rifle in a case on a public transit bus to go meet some friends to go into the woods near them and do some shooting.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome. I also remember when things were a lot different. I was 15 and took my 22 rifle in a case on a public transit bus to go meet some friends to go into the woods near them and do some shooting.
Shoot, it hasn’t even been that long it’s been so bad...

I’m only 34, and I remember just 20 years ago as a kid and teen roaming the neighborhood with my buddies, BB guns in hand, shooting squirrels and cans, etc. And this was in an upper middle class white collar subdivision in the baymeadows area of jacksonville! Not exactly a 2A stronghold! In fact, I remember one neighbor lady who was a democrat elected to some sort of local office used to stop her car and give us sticks of gum and tell us to “watch that muzzle” before waving and driving off! That was only 20-25 years ago... there’d probably be a swat call out now!!! . A Democrat! Things have changed fast...

I love my dads stories from the 70’s... in high school, he got in trouble by the principle of Englewood high school in Jacksonville for having a shotgun in a rack in the back window of his pickup. He was going hunting after class. The principle was mad he had left it visible in the window rack because “boy don’t you know the sun and heat will mess up that finish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
I forgot to mention this was in Maryland. I'm sure most of those here know that it is a very bad place for concealed carry these days. Very hard to get a permit. I did have one there as I was a retired LEO. The retired LEO 50 state law was not in effect when I retired so I had a real Maryland conceal carry permit.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Welcome from Tampa Bay! :wave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts