Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Posting here from beautiful Downtown Miami.

This is a great resource. Via lurking here I completed the CWP process and received it about a week ago. I'd say total turnaround time was two months all in.

Just got back fro Shoot Straight Ft Lauderdale now. In another thread a member said "it's hard to leave there...". Yes, it is. The sales staff is great, zero pressure and on point. I could have stayed for hours, but I would have probably had to sell off this very laptop to finance all the purchases I wanted to do!

My little "reward" for financial restraint is a Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-Compact chambered for the 9mm Para cartridge. I don't have monster hands so the Sub-Compact fit me perfectly. It's an excellent concealable piece, and wonderfully engineered. It's definitely a little piece of "fine art".

I'll post some photos later. One of the things I do to put food on the table is photography, so I can't just do an iPhone photo of it. I'll point my Canon at my "cannon".

Big thank you to all the regular contributors for your information. :cool:

·
Registered
15,192 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Welcome from North Port! I've heard nothing but good things about the Px4 Subcompact - if you get the chance, it'd be cool to see your impressions / range review of the gun. :thumsup

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcome from Ocoee.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

The rally just seemed to be a little "listless". I drove by on my way to Shoot Straight and I wasn't impressed. However, it was your typical July Miami afternoon and it was very humid. I wouldn't be in the mood for a bunch of yelling and shouting either. Freedom of speech is a great thing and they have every right to rally, but come on, plan ahead and pick a time where you can show some enthusiasm. No one's gonna come to your cause if you are moping about on the street. :dunno

And yes, when I take the new piece out, I'll definitely give you my thoughts. I'm also going to let a friend, who is something of a legend with regards to firearms in my social circle (i.e. "If you know how many guns you have, you don't have enough!") and get an expert evaluation too.

Here is the Px4 Subcompact Model F. I did this "off the cuff" at my desk since my trusty 5D MK II was handy. Yeah, my desk is a little dusty! Next time I get my lighting kit out I'll build a little jig and maybe try to do some "product" images. Product photography isn't my forté but the Px4 would be a great object to practice on.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Welcome from Ft. Lauderdale. I've been carrying the PX-4 Subcompact 9mm for several years. I absolutely love it. I've put 5 to 6 thousands rounds through it. I picked up a number of the 20 rd mags that I use for the Steel Shoot at Markham Pk on the 4 Sunday each month.
Picked up a Beretta CX-4 carbine that uses the same 20 rd mags as PX-4. Lots of fun when I go to the range.

Have fun with your toy.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's small compared to most other handguns, but it's positively monstrous compared to the Nano that I have the most experience with. The laptop in the background is a 13" Macbook Air so you can use that for scale, actually. Believe it or not, you can fit 13+1 9mm rounds in there. From an engineering standpoint, that's pretty amazing.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh and BerettaSCFan - thanks! Another reason I picked up the Px4 was because of the Cx4 actually. I want to learn rifles and my "legendary shooting friend" recommended looking for a platform where I could share ammunition easily.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
When you shop for the CX-4 carbine looked for the mag design that you want. It is available for Beretta 92 Mags and Beretta PX4 mags. My CX-4 came w 2 - 17 rd mags that fit my pistol and my 20 rd fit the carbine. If you get the Carbine for the 92 Mags, there are 30 rd mags available.
I was more interested in my mags being interchangeable between pistol and carbine.
Have fun.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
747 Posts
Welcome

1 - 20 of 24 Posts