Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to gun ownership but got plenty exposure in the military. Thought for a while about getting one, and have shot friends guns at the range, but with things these days getting less predictable thought I’d dive in.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville.

·
Super Moderator
26,066 Posts
Welcome again to FCC from Palm Beach County and to gun ownership, Al.B! :wave

Also, thank you for your service in the military! :2thumsup

:flag

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks.

Reyman- I did a bit of research online and settled on a SW MP 9mm 4”

·
Super Moderator
26,066 Posts
Thanks.

Reyman- I did a bit of research online and settled on a SW MP 9mm 4”
As long as it fits your hand and you can shoot it well, great choice for a first purchase of a SD firearm!

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Welcome from Lakeland, I hope you have better luck than me I bought a M&P 9 2.0 and the trigger was so bad I had to install a Apex trigger kit before It would group worth a $hit. good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya, if I don’t like it I will probably do the same. I’ve read it’s decent for stock. Did you change it your self? If not do they charge much for the labor?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Good choice of gun, have you shot that model yet? I never did when I bought my first one. Was not a fan of glock at first. But one day I decided to rent a glock 26 and loved it. So I bought one. Then I decided on the 19. My wife can also shoot both of them quite well, so with her gun back at the factory for defects she has my 26. I keep my 19 and 4 spare mags with me. I am an OTR truck driver, and with this mess going on I know I have a gun with me I trust and can shoot quite well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, I haven’t shot one of these, but I read/watched enough reviews on it to be comfortable buying one. I picked a bad time to get my first gun. Didn’t really have the luxury to go shopping in person or rent one.

·
Super Moderator
26,066 Posts
No, I haven’t shot one of these, but I read/watched enough reviews on it to be comfortable buying one. I picked a bad time to get my first gun. Didn’t really have the luxury to go shopping in person or rent one.
I highly recommend getting one of these and do A LOT of dry-fire practice around the house. That may also help you judge the trigger and perhaps help with the decision to install an APEX trigger or not.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts