Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Basically the same dimensions. Weight difference is 0.1 lbs. in favor of the Hellcat. I will let others be the guinea pigs before making a commitment.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll stick with my P365 thank you.
Me too, I just thought it presents an interesting alternative for those who don’t like the P365. Not worth changing for one extra round, plus it’s got the trigger dingus (Thanks for the technical nomenclature, Caleb;)) which I don’t like, so I’ll stick with what I’ve got.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I've been thinking of making the switch over to the Hellcat, once it's out & readily available. I've always loved my Springfield firearms (1911s & XD series). I've not been daily carrying my P365 as much. Thinking of selling the P365 w/ extra mags, to put toward the Hellcat.

·
Super Moderator
26,086 Posts
I've been thinking of making the switch over to the Hellcat, once it's out & readily available. I've always loved my Springfield firearms (1911s & XD series). I've not been daily carrying my P365 as much. Thinking of selling the P365 w/ extra mags, to put toward the Hellcat.
Let me know if you do want to sell you P365. :grin

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Damn, I waited until they worked out the bugs to buy the P365, and NOW after I buy the darned thing, Sig comes out with the P365 SAS. . . evil, just evil. I'm going to have to tick off my wife again.

Anyone use that 'tunnel' sight? How do you like it?

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I know there's mixed sentiment about Springfield right now, but I snagged a fair deal on a new Hellcat at Alamo Gun Range in Naples last weekend. IWB holster on order. I ran 350 rounds (of 4 different types) through it before taking it home to field strip, clean & oil. It shot flawlessly, yet seemed a bit snappier than the Sig P365, possibly due to the higher bore access. But I still liked it, quite well. Somewhat similar to my other XD pistols (minus the grip safety). I've had some reliability issues with my P365, despite sending it in to Sig under warranty. I stopped carrying it about 8 months ago. So I sold it with full disclosure. The Hellcat is significantly smaller than the G19, yet it holds 11+1 or 13+1 in an amazingly compact tool. It's not a perfect all-around weapon. But it's a lot of fire power in a very compact & reliable tool (so far). More to come, as I get some more rounds through it.

Springfield Armory HELLCAT.jpg

·
Registered
54,244 Posts
"I'll never buy another S+W after they decided to stay in business in their home state and cave to the trigger lock requirements of that state to be able to sell guns there" or close to the above quote, and I'm sure people get the drift, however,

Looking back at that year [ 2001 ] vs their openly traded stock today, they have produced incredible returns for shareholders in that 18-19 year span.

SA will be just fine, just like S+W has been just fine.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,086 Posts

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Watched this review last week and thought it pertinent to this thread: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n0_y9oG1JoA
I personally don't care for the optics on a micro compact pistol, but that guy apparently needed them. The stock sights are more than enough. Hickok45 has big hands too, and I didn't hear him whine as much as the above video. Hickok videos are usually a bit long (27 minutes here) but he does a thorough review & comparison to the Sig P365 and the G43.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts