Florida Concealed Carry banner

Has anyone renewed recently

5K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  joecarry 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has renewed recently, and did they receive their renewal packet on time? I ask because according to the dept of Ag website I should receive my renewal packet approx 95 days prior to license expires. For me that will be tomorrow, I'm not worried about it yet just asking how it's working with our current ding bat in charge of all of this?

#2 ·
Haven't heard any complaints here or on the FloridaCarry facefart page. Also, many have been using the walk-in service available in many locales for the last couple of years. Not sure you even need the renewal packet for that.

#3 ·
Thanks BeerHunter, I has planned on using the walk-in service but seem to remember reading somewhere that you needed the packet, either way, I'll give it a few more days to see what happens, still early days.

#9 ·
I just renewed last month, went to one of the local tax collector's offices designated to issue/renew. I'd received a renewal packet months ago but didn't have it with me, and I didn't have to make an appointment, just signed in at the kiosk and was called back to the office in about 7 minutes. Whole process took maybe 5 minutes for my part but the guy in front of me had let his license lapse since May so there was about 10-15 minute delay while they figured out what exactly he had to do. Mine was very straightforward - new photo, answer some questions on a computer (like have you read the statutes, etc.), pay your fee and done. It's no more difficult than renewing a vehicle registration.

#10 ·
Did you take a completed application or is that not necessary for a renewal, the website is a bit vague on that?

#14 ·
Thanks all, I'll probably head to the tax office sometime next week and get it renewed.

#15 ·
I can’t speak for renewal, but when I did my initial application last month at my local tax collectors office, everything was computer based. I actually printed and took an application with me and they told me they didn’t need it. I do seem to recall at the beginning of the process there was an option to click new application or renewal.

I also believe they can do it by your existing license. I told them I had one but it had been expired a while and they asked for it and said it was all they needed. I got rid of it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Yup, once you're in the system you're good to go with all the fingerprints and safety course/DD-214 and that sort of stuff. Guy in line before me, his expired in May and the clerk told him before starting from scratch that she'd look at what's in the computer on him and see if they could save some steps. Lucky for him most of it was still there, so all he had to do was fill out a kind of "mini-application" (computer based) and he was all set to go.

Mine was just a straight renewal with no strings and as I said it was really just answer a few questions, verify contact info, new picture and show them the money.

#19 ·
Went to the tax collectors office today in Gainesville and renewed my CCW license. In and out (with appt) in 20 mins, and was actually 20 mins early and I got right in. Great service and friendly people. Only drawback was the total of $59.50 to do it there....I guess it is a convenience fee to do it there and not have to wait for it in the mail or go thru things on line.

Reactions: BeerHunter
#20 ·
Congrats! Mine is due in August and most likely looking to renew this way, too. (y)

Reactions: mike_1950
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.