Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
It's been said here many times, unless it's a CNS hit, the only stopping power a handgun has is psychological.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Wasn't his day to go.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
It's been said here many times, unless it's a CNS hit, the only stopping power a handgun has is psychological.

-on Tapatalk
Or in a place that causes rapid blood loss - i.e. severing an artery.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you'd like to see an interesting video on this topic go to YouTube and Google Greg ellifritz handgun stopping power

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
757 Posts

-on Tapatalk
It can and most of the time will have "stopping power." May just not be in the timely nature that you need it to "stop" the threat! Left un-treated, a gunshot will stop ya "eventually!"

I train to the zipper shot placement theory! Start center mass and next shot is aimed up that center line! Subsequent shots make it up toward the head!

·
Super Moderator
26,349 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
This is what was being taught way back long before I retired from LE(retired 1993). It was two to chest area and if subject not down next one to the head.

·
Registered
54,302 Posts
The zipper is not the same as the Mozambique. Just for clarity, they are two different skills.

Zipper, one handed from near contact to about 10 feet [ remember the first skill in the zipper is 1/2 hip ], thus 10 feet is about max anyone would use it.

Mozambique, two handed at the same and further distances.

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
The zipper is not the same as the Mozambique. Just for clarity, they are two different skills.

Zipper, one handed from near contact to about 10 feet [ remember the first skill in the zipper is 1/2 hip ], thus 10 feet is about max anyone would use it.

Mozambique, two handed at the same and further distances.
Isn't the Mozambique and the Failure Drill technically two different things, as well?

One has a pause, one does not?

-on Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts