Florida Concealed Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

H2h/defensive edged weapons course March 7 and 8, 2020

10K views 60 replies 15 participants last post by  brownie 
#1 · (Edited)
Two choices of venue: Looking for interest in one more weekend of this course being offered

Okeechobe or Lake Mary

This course is a compilation of materials I've offered in my women’s self defense courses, WW2 unarmed combative's seminars and while the defensive edged weapons instructor for the S+W Academy, Springfield, Ma..

Skills that will create time and distance to allow you to access your own weapon or get away. The first day is unarmed training.

How to break away from being grabbed by the arm with one hand
How to break away from being grabbed by the arm with both hands
How to break away and escape from being choked from the front
How to break away and escape from being choked from behind
The use of the Chin Jab, Y-Hand, Axe-Hand to effect releases
Techniques using a pen or kubaton type implement to strike to the face, hands, wrists and ribs to affect an immediate release by the attacker.

Several open hand palm strikes and slapping skills that devastate the opponent and allow escapes depending on where you strike. You may not even need to go to guns with these. Quick to learn, easy to perform under duress, these skills were taught to covert agents behind enemy lines in Germany in the 40's with great success in the real world of combatives.

The second day of training will include the following skills:

Surviving the first second of a knife attack while unarmed. Learn just 6 skills that cover the full range of how a knife will be used against you and how to survive the initial attack using a collapsing startle response and protecting the bodies core from the blade.

Learn how to get away from being a hostage with a knife to your neck from the front and from behind. These are very easy to learn, so simple most people would not think of them. The police officers just couldn't believe how easy these were to keep from being taken hostage.

Defending with the folder or short straight blade against an attacker. Learn how to utilize that folding knife or short straight blade from the kitchen drawer to minimize or negate damage from an aggressor’s knife. We’ll cover knife carry positions; accessing the folder from various carry positions; the three grip positions commonly used with a knife and their respective strengths and weaknesses, as well as how to use the “Wall of Edge” to defend yourself against someone with a knife. The wall of edge was one of the first skills I learned from my mentors and it’s still one of the best at defending yourself from a knife attack.

We’ll cover: Manual Dexterity Drills with blade

1. Knife carry positions
2. Accessing blade from carry positions
3. Saber grip to reverse—low line
4. Saber grip to reverse---low line to reverse high line
5. Changing hands—saber to saber
6. Changing hands---saber to reverse
7. “Brownie Pop” Folder openings from pants pockets

Angles of attack

Unarmed against the knife

Stabbing defenses; Slashing defenses; Overhand defenses

Threatened with knife
1. Knife to neck from front
2. Knife to neck from behind

Armed against the knife

1. Saber grip defense for slash, stab, overhand
3. Coming to point
4. Reverse grip defense for slash, stab, overhand---
5. Reverse grip defense for slash, stab, overhand going from the belt line covering slashes to attack and stab chest or throat
6. Cats claw
7. Fainting side stab
8. Show kata where one uses 6+7 and the other blocks from belt line
9. Show 6+7 attack lines to faints to slashes across abdomen
10. Pass by deflection for stabs/slash attacker going behind opponent
11. High line side stab to face
12. Reverse Grip Eye Pick

This course offers men and women the opportunity to learn fast, simple, effective skills that are distilled down to the best of the best and taken from several disciplines and courses.

The course doesn’t require any previous training or experience in self defense, does not require you to be physically fit nor lead an active lifestyle to be able to effect a positive resolution if you are physically assaulted. All that is required of the student is to wear your daily street clothes, sneakers and be willing to learn skills that can save your life or that of someone with you.

If you are interested in attending and holding a slot for this seminar, you may email me at arizonaqkr "at" yahoo dot com for contact information.

First 16 or more for either venue, I'll make the arrangements. This is plenty of notice if you would like to attend.

List your preference for LM or Okee venue. In 2016, I was getting 300.00 for the weekend, this event will be offered at 250.00 but I'll need the 16 to make it worth flying in. I'll keep a running list below

LM=
1. Edge
2. Barbie +1
3. Caleb +1
4. artemus
5. Rick McC
6. airslot [ another forum ]
7. shooter4 possible
8. beerhunter +1
9. Mike1956
10.Charlie [ L2Wheels brother ]
11.XDMan
12.MrEd

Okee=
1. Edge
2. Barbie +1
3. Caleb +1
4. Mister Ed
5. aremus
6. airslot [ another forum ]
7. shooter4 posible
8. beerhunter +1
9. Mike1956
10.Charlie [ L2Wheels brother ]

See less See more
#36 ·
Okee is closer but got me wondering ...where in Okee were you planning? Because March is hot. October is hot. January is hot. ... A/C is mandatory.

I don't mind the drive to LM as anything over 20 minutes with the spawn in the car is ...challenging.
So my vote doesn't count.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

#39 ·
You are so full....

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

#43 ·
Back under the fridge, Roach

#49 ·
Ok folks, on behalf of the OP, please keep this thread on point!

#53 ·
I’m going to have to put myself on the maybe list. I have a 3 day continuing education class in feb that will cost more then I like but has to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.