Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw where Heckler and Koch just was awarded a $33.5 million contract by the Army to modify the Squad designated Marksman Rifles And the Compact Semi Auto Sniper System rifles. Business is good at H&K!

There have been reliability problems with M-110’s and Army wants them smaller, better, 36 inches without suppressor. 7.62x51 still rocks even from my days with the XM21.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently the Russians are developing a similar, smaller Dragunov replacement in 7.62x54 called SVCh Chukavin for next year. Probably Spetznaz issue at first.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
All of my carry guns, if you don't count 1911's are H&K's and have been for awhile. I could have saved a lot of money if I'd just started out with them

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree, my favorite in the carry rotation and the one I’d bring if I knew something would happen is my H&K USP Compact in .357 Sig.

A few years back, I noticed a little pitting on the breech face, looked like a casting flaw or machining issue. The pistol was made in 1998. I called H&K about my pistol (I bought used) and spoke with gunsmith. He said “send it in, I’ll handle it” I mentioned that it was not made anymore and kind of a rare piece. After being asked if he could replace a slide on an obsolete pistol, he said “Pal, I’m the factory, I can do anything I want”

Three months later I got a brand new looking USPC in .357 Sig sent to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts